Sunday, September 16, 2007

Heavenly Thai food at Amarin

We were all famished after our brainstorming session on Friday.


To compensate for the lacklustre lunch we had at Cititel, we were all treated to a sumptuous Thai dinner at Amarin Heavenly Thai. That, followed by a 4-hour karaoke singing competition at My Karaoke (on the top floor, besides California Fitness).







The function room where we makan-ed.



What i like about Amarin (besides the food)...

I like the huge orange lamp shades. Very chic and funky.




Then, there is this pretty wood carving artwork on the wall.




Look at the exquisite details on this piece.




And...the fuchsia pink chairs really put me in a light, happy mood.


I know I have not been blogging about food in ages...But fear not, cos my appetite is backkkk... =)


In fact, I've got such bad cravings for authentic Thai food so much so that I've just booked myself for another vacation in Bangkok just this morning.


My trip will be in Jan 2008. I can't go any earlier as work is getting busier and crazier approaching year end. I've got lots to prepare before our peak period (during Nov - Jan).


Okay, enough about work.


I'll let the food do the talking.. MmmMmm..

The mixed fried platter - fish cakes, prawn toasts, prawns wrapped in wanton skin, prawn parcels, spring rolls.

Seafood tomyam

I love love love this super spicy green curry chicken dish. It's da bomb. For those who cannot stomach too much chilli, I suggest that you go mild.


You know about my love affairs with somtams (papaya salad) right? Well, this one here was really good. I hope how the deep fried crispy fish complements the somtam so well.


This pandan chicken dish was so-so only. You can give this a skip.


Deep fried garoupa with Thai 3 sauce.


The only vegan dish - stir fried veges.


One of my favourite desserts - Tab Tim Krob.

I love how the jelly's so soft and the water chestnut bits remained crunchy. Not many places in Msia can make it so well, most serve very harden jelly/water chestnut bits.

Unfortunately and fortunately, that was the only dessert I could handle as I was stuffed to the brim.


You can't blame me can you? Just look at the amount of food we had that night.



Well, I promise, I promise, I promise I'll try more desserts the next time. In fact, I've got their sang kaya (pumpkin custard) in mind. :P


Amarin Heavenly Thai
Lot S045, Level 2,
Mid Valley Megamall,
59200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03 – 2938 3187
Email:
admin@seacuisine.com.my

Business hours :Monday to Sunday - 12:00 noon till 10:00 pm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! looks very yummy. issit expensive? sure looks like it.

when are we goin for food feast again? i cant wait man!

Anonymous said...

yummm...how am i supposed to go on diet if you keep posting pictures of delicious food my dear? :P

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you like the food? The restaurant belongs to my cousin.

Sharifah