Sunday, June 01, 2008

Cindy's baby shower

Today is one of the happiest weekends I've had in weeks.

aahh..such bliss..

It's been ages since I last spent some quality time with my gal friends.

Today, I attended my 1st ever baby shower.


Yi Hwa (bless that girl), Cindy's ex-colleague cum close pal organised a baby shower for her.


She organised our lil gathering at Cupcake Chic, The Curve. As a cupcake lover myself, i thought it was a swell idea :)


Cindy is due to give birth in August and we're throwing her a baby shower to present her with some basic baby necessities for her first birth.





Yi Hwa (standing, far left) checking on our order.

Sitting on this side of the table are Cindy's family - her mum and 2 cousins.





Us girls :)




Cheemuis for life.





There were 3 preggers in the midst of us.

Michelle (4 mths+), Sandra (popping next week), Cindy (7 mths).

All hot mamas!




I have to say we over indulged in cupcakes...I'm quite jelak by now.

Poppy seed + banana, Coffee




Top: Vanilla
Bottom: Caramel toffee?





Lavender, Pistachio (i had this one cos it's pink and pretty :P)







Sinful chocs!





Time to check out our gifts!

Cindy trying out the infra red thermometer. Yi Hwa was like a human instruction manual, explaining the 'how to operate' step-by-step to us.

What's the optimum temp again?





The baby monitor was one of the top-of-the-list items. We got her a Lindam Baby Talk.





Besides sharing the gift, the 3 of us cheemuis got Cindy some very cute baby rompers from Japan.

Men got it from her last visit to Japan. So cool eh...

There are 7 pieces in the set. We're thinking a whole week supply of clothes.. Wee..






Woman, we hope we've covered the bare necessities you'll need ya. :)

Thanks for organising this again Yi Hwa, you're the best darl!






Heaps of cutesy stuff here, for instance this colourful crib set. I wouldn't mind a quilt cover set in this design, honestly. :P






Someone got this for Cindy from UK.

Isn't this cool? A box each to store the baby's first tooth and 1st lock of hair.


Can you guess if she's giving birth to a baby gal or boy?






~*~*~*Carmen's new pad*~*~*~

After the party, we left to chill at Carmen's new pad. She's moved into her new place in Riana Green for a month now and I have not visited her yet.

We cheemuis have not been able to meet up for eons. In fact, my birthday celebration (we actually planned to celebrate mid May - which is a month after my birthday) will be postponed indefinitely cos some of us are high flyers :P. (That, I'm not talking about me :P)



We had dinner at Arisu, this Korean restaurant in Riana Green.

Men, Mon and I.




Among the 3 of us, we had quite A LOT of food.

BBQ spare ribs (Bul gal bi)





Bulgogi beef





Steamed egg dish





Seafood pancake






Yup, we whacked the whole lot...





...and as if that wasn't enough..

We ordered another BBQ chicken dish..


i need to diet tomorrow. most definitely..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?