Sunday, December 28, 2008

A teeny bit of news

In case you're wondering why I've been MIA for the longest time. I now think it's time to let you in on a lil secret.

Besides adjusting to the long hours at the new workplace, I've also been adjusting to my new routine...which includes dating.


As to who I am dating at the moment, well..let's just refer to him as 'The Chef', shall we?

I don't wanna say much till we're officially an item. At the moment, we're only dating. So really, I am not keeping anything from you :p

What I've discovered so far..



The pros of dating a chef..

As you well know, I love to eat :)
And these are the stuff he's baked/made for me


Choc mousse cake with choc macaroons and strawberries.

(Sorry about the lousy picture, I was using a phone camera at the time)






Green tea cake

(i initially thought those white stuff were desiccated coconut. Those were actually finely shaved white chocs :p)






A mini tiramisu topped with toffee caramel + nuts pieces (my request la).

My apologies as I smudged the topped while transporting the cake home.







This green tea cake was a given to me as part of a surprise on Christmas morning (among other things :P)









The Christmas dinner The Chef prepared for me

Salad

Petuna Salmon, Grapes (skins peeled), cherry tomatoes, romaine and butterhead lettuce.

He made his special salad dressing of orange balsamic vinegar + olive oil + honey + etc.






Pan seared foie gras with crushed black pepper and fleur de sel (flower salt). Mmmmm...




Our dinner

Kobe beef, foie gras, and greens





He discovered how to make my fave passionfruit beer.

He added Monin (syrup) into beer and voila! We now can have home made passionfruit beer. :)

Next, we'll try other flavours such as lychee, orange, blood orange, sangria, etc.


And the cons of dating one...

It can be pretty daunting putting on weight. :(

I'd better start going to the gym soon!


Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year Ahead! May the presence of the Lord be with you always! Stay blessed!

love,
Carrie

2 comments:

petrina said...

What yummy food!!! Lucky girl :) Sorry we didn't get to meet up, but I was so busy the whole time we were back! :)

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Yeah, i agree..pretty fattening too!

Me too..i've been really wrapped up with the new job. Haven't the time to really hang out much.

Let me know when you're coming back again. We can catch up then. :)

Gong xi fa cai to you!