Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh so Lame!

Pick up lines these days can be so cheesy and lame (oh, since when are they not anyway?!).

Bamboo9 in Plaza TTDI is now the frequent hang out place for me and some of Chef’s friends, M* and CR*. Both M* and CR* are very fun and crazy women to hang out with.

And since we’re there like almost every week (on either Wed/Thu/Fri) we’ve made a couple of friends with some of the regulars there, namely K*, T* and their mates.

Last night was just another one of those nights. M* has invited her cousin (and his friends), 2 doctors, and informed K* and T* that we’ll be going to Bamboo9. As usual, our table was covered with booze, a bottomless one to boot.

What I found really funny was that there’s this rather cheesy pick up line which the guys employ, thinking that they’re actually flattering us without trying too hard.

So wrong.

T* said these lines to me a couple of times throughout the night.

T: Carrie, what perfume are you using? I love the smell on it (T proceeded to come very close to me, attempting to smell my neck, with me backing away)
C: Ughh..I’ve been here since 9pm and I’ve been drinking since then..i suppose it’s the beer. Here, you can try it too..i bet you’ll smell even nicer than me (me attempting to pour beer on him :P).

Sometime later..

T: Carrie, I really love the way you smell. What do you use la?
C: It’s ciggy smell la T* :p (Me thinking that his flattery won’t go anywhere. And I didn’t feel like telling him that it was Pleasures Delight).

Before leaving, while saying bye to T*, he came over to me, saying that he wanted to smell me one last time, so that he could download the smell into the hard disk in his memory.

How lame is that?

Anyway, while we were leaving both M* and CR* were bitching about how lame the doctors were. They both were also complimented on the way they smelled by the dodgy doctors.

One doctor told M* that she smells really good and other stuff which I can’t remember now cos I was having a headache by the time we were leaving.
The same doctor leaned very close to CR* and asked her, “Are you wearing the same perfume as last time? Gucci? Mmmm”.

The other one, well, I’m not gonna indulge you with too much info..let’s just say he’s dodgy la. And not so original.

No wonder they’re both still single. And so desperate.
We have since removed them from our list. :P

All in, I think we’ve got at least 4-5 different guys using the “you smell good” pick up line.


A bit sad and unoriginal, don’t you think?


Guys, if you’re reading this…can you pleeeeeeease improvise?

1 comment:

Kim said...

so sad la these guys. i would have died laughing there! hahaha