Monday, March 12, 2007

Brand new hair style

~*~*~*Brand new hair style*~*~*~
I couldnt stomach the sight of my damaged-horror-nightmare of a hair from the disaster hair perm i had before CNY.

Every morning, i wake up to frizzy and dry hair. It was a nightmare! Totally unmanageable!!

No, you can't imagine?


See this picture. That was me in the reddish orange blouse. It was taken last Friday, 2 days before my hair perm.





Anyway, i'm sick of seeing such a striking difference between the colour on my roots and on my hair. Part blonde part brunette is NOT glam at all.

So, i went to get that fix. =)


I know i know, i'm not supposed to be splurging anymore. But, i reckon i cannot be going on a trip with fugly hair, can i?

Thanks for agreeing with me =). I knew you'd understand.


So i asked around and was introduced to Jean Yip Hairdressing, at the Curve. Thanks Sharon! =)


It was a totally pampering experience.

My perm package consists of this cool ice scalp treatment (left my scalp feeling all tingly and cool, very MmmmMmm), hair-end treatment, and a digital perm.


Seeing that the area where i've dyed n highlighted will be even lighter after perming, the contrast between my roots and the rest of my hair will be SUPER OBVIOUS.


I decided to go for a hair dye. Opted for a colour which is very natural, one that when my roots grow out, it's almost unnoticeable.

Guess how long i was there?

6 whole hours!



The process:


It took 30 - 45 minutes for my treatments, then another 45 mins for softening/relaxing <--this is so that my hair is straight again before they perm.


Then wash n rinse. Followed by a hair cut to set the shape.


We only proceeded with the perm close to 4pm. I was there at 1pm.


And i was super hungry by then. And guess what? They served me instant tomyam noodles.


Not bad hor!


The ppl in the salon were wondering why this siao woman is taking a picture of her noodles. Was quite shy man! LOL



After removing all those cables from the curlers. It was time to leave my hair to cool before rinsing out all the neutraliser (to set the curls). Finally it was time to dye my hair.



The results:



Frontal view.
Sorry, i was too shy to take a picture of myself. Too many ppl were watching :P






Back view
Taken by Melvin my hairstylist.





Colour # dark brown






Me with Cocoa Chanel. She said she likes her mummy's hairdo. =)





I love the look, especially the colour. So happy to be able to feel soft, bouncy, healthy curls again! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 hrs is a really long time!! but i guess it's worth it cuz it looks fantabulous. should be on the cover of a magazine :)

Anonymous said...

6 hrs is a really long time!! but i guess it's worth it cuz it looks fantabulous. should be on the cover of a magazine :)

Anonymous said...

hey hey.. i wana c u in person...wanna c the new curls...n new colour as well...

guess wat..im thinking to rebond my hair again or to perm it this time...i miss my curls though but straight hair is easier to manage (i think....) but curls r more sexy (i heard) n alert... but perm my hair means dye my hair as well..if not, not nice wor...

any suggestions?

alice