Monday, February 09, 2009

CNY 2009 - Day 2



~*~*~*Lin Chor Yee*~*~*~

Chef came to visit my parents ('pai lin') on Day 2 (Lin Chor Yee) of CNY.

Thanks to him I've got these nice piccies of me and my 4 monsters to cherish. :)


I'm sure Miss Cocoa Chanel needs no introduction here..





She's the mummy of the 3 boys at home...
She acts like a queen around the house too.







Xiao Bai is her third pup from her 1st batch of litter.

There were five of them. Xiao Huan (now with Tiff and Jazz in Melby), Xiao Au (Donald passed him to a loving family), Xiao Bai, Xiao Ban, and Xiao Mei (she's lovingly doted by Donald's family).
You can check out Xiao Mei's blog here.

He was given the name 'Bai' cos his marking was mostly white - 'Bai' in Mandarin. And when he gets his puppy cut, he reminds me of a big fluff of cotton candy.


I didn't get to take many piccies with Bai cos he wasn't in a good mood as he wasn't feeling well. He was hiding underneath a table or chair the entire time.





This is Xiao Ban.

Xiao Ban was given this name cos he had a huge stripey marking on his body when he was a puppy. Ban = stripe.

Xiao Ban is the smartest among the four. He absolutely loves to do things to please ppl - the first to come over when called, the first to learn how to give 'hand hand', etc.


A big Thank you goes to CS for helping me to come up with the Chinese names. Well, he's the expert when it comes to anything Chinese/Mandarin. I consulted him and together we came up with aptly suitable names according to each pup's characteristic or body marking.




Ban can look pretty girly at times :p

Both my boys Xiao Bai and Xiao Ban are turning 6 years old tomorrow. Happy happy birthday darlings!



This is CJ, the baby of the group. He's the 3rd pup from Cocoa's 2nd and last batch of litter.

Everyone adores him. He gets pampered by all the other dogs. He lives up to his reputation of a baby as he's still very playful though he's already 4 years old.

I have many nicknames for him. My favourites are: Bebe and Babelicious.






i find this pix of Bebe very cute







Ban, Bebe and Cocoa giving me the 'starry starry eyes' begging for CNY goodies. I was having 'kuih kapit' at the time.



~*~*~*CNY Yee Sang*~*~*~


Chef made his specialty Lou Sang/Yee Sang for my family that night.

He ordered a few kg of salmon for this occasion.

Nope, you're only seeing a fraction of the salmon. We had so much leftover salmon that I packed those salmon to go with my salad for work the next few days.






This is about as much salmon as we could fit on the platter.
You know how when you eat Yee Sang in restaurants, it's the condiments that overwhelms the fish cos you only get a few pieces. Here, the fish actually overwhelmed the rest of the fruits and veges.

We had an assortment of lettuces, radish, lebanese cucumber, grapes (de-seeded), cherry tomatoes, and pomegranate.


We all prefer this to the conventional ones at the restaurant.





Chef adding the finishing touch.




Viola!

For dressing, we had apricot balsamic vinegar + olive oil to go with the yee sang.




We had too much food to share among the six of us.

Dad made his steamed fish (which he caught) and mum made her special chicken.



Please ignore my horrible fringe. I had had a long day.

That's it folks! Till next time :)

xx
Carrie

No comments: