Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Back from the Pearl of the Orient



Hieeee peeps..

I'm back... :)

Just touched down in KL at about 4:30am, and boy was I exhausted.

My trip to Hangzhou and Shanghai - the Pearl of the Orient, was a fantastic one. It was a much needed holiday break for me to rejuvenate and really shop till i drop (literally).

Can't wait to blog more and tell you about it.

But I'll have to wait and meet up with the gals to consolidate the pictures first. We're most probably gonna be meeting up some time next week.

Before I forget, I might just give you a sneak preview about what I'm gonna talk about the next time i blog..

1) China ppl and their etiquette (mobiles on the plane)
2) spitting (what else is new??)
3) verbal fighting..
4) the language barrier (hey, my Mandarin improved drastically as I had to represent all of us to speak to cabbies, vendors, waiters, concierge...)
5) the best xiao long bao..ever!!
6) pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins
7) thugs who harass ppl to buy their (fake) goods
8) the art of negotiation
9) shopping - where to
10) pollution/haze
11) recycle recycle recycle


Till then..

Have a great week(end)! :p



p/s: to some of you, thanks for your concern and those lovely emails and msgs. No, i haven't stopped blogging. Dun cha worry, k? I'm just a tad bit pre-occupied these days. Trust me, i'll be fine. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome back Carrie. Can't wait for you to introduce Shanghai to me thru your eyes. I'm sure it's damn interesting! Blog cepat cepat! :p

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back :). Miss your posts la woman. Cant wait to read your new posts. Faster blog k?