Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ze Masquerade Ball!

~*~*~*Ze Masquearade Ball*~*~*~

Phew...finally all the hoo-haa for the masquerade is O.V.E.R!


Have to admit that it was a rather exciting time for me, since I'm still a newbie here at Taylor's.



You've seen the mask which I improvised...

You've seen the manicure...

It's time for you to see the whole event!


Left work early to set my hair at the hairdresser.







Like my hairdo?











Our invitation card - in the form of a mask! It's pretty nice actually. In fact, some of my colleagues used this as their masks.





At home...All set to go!





Was a little late due to what else but the traffic in KL. Once there, i was approached by a guy who took my name down and told me that i have been shortlisted for best dressed female, OMG!




Also, after registering, i went to drop off my invi into the lucky draw bowl. And the official photographer asked me to pose and he was snapping away like there was so tomorrow. Hehe, it made me feel oh-so-special...like i was some kinda up-and-coming celeb standing on the red carpet before the presentation of the grammy awards or something..(i'm gonna have to hunt him down as he took heaps of photos).





Mum made this dress for my sis, Claudine's prom last year. I was too lazy to think of a dress, so i pinjam-ed from my sis. It's a nice and unique dress afterall, so it deserves to be recycled.






Sue-Ann and moi





The event started with performances in-line with our theme for the nite. Ms Rosie Yen (we were told she's one of the hottest artists here in Msia) (??) was our celebrity guest for the nite..







Ms Rosie Yen





Our marketing team - Me, Dolly, Elvin. Christine is missing in action.










Colleague from another school/dept. No idea who she is.









Elvin with Michael (from TCSJ) aka Death.







No idea who this chap is, but he was also one of the finalists for best dressed.








I was seated next to Esmond, a really nice colleague. He is damn dedicated to his job and takes very good care of his students.




With the boys from IT Dept:


Daniel, me, Johnathan.



With the gals from ADP:



Sharifah, moi, Christine, Sock Wee.


The gals from TBS!



Elaine, Winnie, Adeline, Stacey, me, Alicia, Florence, Angela. Dolly, Christine, Sandy - all missing in action.




These were the 10 females nominated for best dressed that nite...








The emcee was asking me some questions, to which i made up some silly answers :P



Initially, there were 10 females and 10 males nominated for best dressed. Then, someone pointed out that we've got another nominee for best dressed male..and he is....



Presenting Mr/Ms Tan KM!!



KM, u sexy thang!









And so, we had 10 females, and 11 males. Each female was asked to go pick a male partner. And so we had 9 pairs and 1 trio.






i picked Andrew aka Zorro cos he's someone i know from this crowd.



And we were told that we have to catwalk or present ourselves to the audience. The 10 pairs will then be narrowed down to 5.











Andrew and i ended our catwalk with this pose. At one point, he was trying to sorta cover me with his cape..haha! We received quite rowdy responses.





Ms Tan and his partner, Diana.





This trio received the loudest applause. The scenario was that the highway man was courting the woman and Death slashed and killed him so that he could get the woman.


We were shortlisted into the 2nd round. Again, we had to do something on stage. So Andrew told me that he'll kneel down and present me with a rose, and i was to take it.








Somehow, it didnt turn out that way. Once he was on his knees, i refused to take the rose from him.



I made him bow lower and lower (which made the crowd cheered and laughed!) and only when i was satisfied i took the rose. We received pretty good responses i have to say. =)










And the winning team was....




The trio..for the 2nd time round, the woman preferred the highway man, and since Death couldn't have her, he slashed himself kamikaze style. The trio won two RM500 cheques. RM1000 to be divided among the 3.



I so needed the RM500 u know...damn!




Guess what i received as consolation prize??


2 x RM10 vouchers from Jusco. haha!



After the event, we proceeded to the lounge to celebrate Esmond's birthday.



All in all, i had lotsa fun. Was kinda hoping to win to the trip to HK/Bangkok. But nevermind la, buy my own tickets...

No comments: