Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A very Happy Mother's Day goes out to all mums and mums-to-be out there!!

Today is a day where mother's around the world get to feel extra special.

In fact, everyday should be a special day.
A day where our loved ones get the reassurance of our constant love and care.

What I'm trying to say is this...

We really shouldn't wait till such special occasions to celebrate love.

I remember back when grandma was still alive, we ever only went back to visit her during Sundays..or special occassions.

Why didn't we make more effort to drop by her place?

Why didn't I do more when I simply could?


Can I really blame it on the fact that I was busy? Or was I too absorbed in my own world that I neglected my loved ones? Having no time is not an excuse.


From this year onwards, we no longer go back to grandma's place to celebrate Mother's Day. Cos she's no longer around.

:(

I still remember...

It's a tradition for us to buy her favourite pandan + yam layer cake from Golden Bake Bakery in SS2.

We'll feast on the yummilicious cake in the afternoon <--this was the part where we kids loved most!

And later in the evening, we'll either go out to a Chinese Restaurant for dinner or grandma will cook up a storm for us.

It used to be a very big thing.

There'll be at least 2 huge tables for the adults, and 1 table for kids.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sorry the whole thing started out so depressing..

I just miss my grandma so so much.

Anyway, on a brighter note, we had a fantastic time with the queen today. :)

First I treated her and my sisters to lunch at Delicious, Bangsar Village 2. Then we went around boutique-hopping, where the queen bought heaps of clothings from almost every single store we went to. *faint*

Claudine posing with a Delicious coaster




Caryn and mum





Me and Caryn picking out mum's fave food. Or rather our fave food. :P



Thai seafood spaghetti, duck confit spaghettini, duck red curry with lychee and rice



Mum loves the duck red curry dish



The lychees complemented the curry so well. It was such a perfect combination. The pomelo salad was totally refreshing.




My fave ~ duck confit spaghettini~




Caryn's fave ~ Thai seafood spaghetti





My all time favourite Delicious desserts ~ Banoffee Pie and Berrilicious Pavlova.





My love for Pavlova started back in uni days in Melb. Eating this always bring back fond memories of Australia.




Savouring every single bite. :)




Delicious Cafe gave us a complimentary pack of 3 mini cupcakes for spending above RM100. It's a pack of 'I-Love-Mum' cupcakes. :)






After stuffing ourselves, we did a bit of boutique-hopping to rid those kilojoules.

Mum's shopping frenzy was so infectious that I too couldn't help but shopped quite a bit myself :P

*I blame it on genes. Like, really.

I bought a pretty white lacy dress with eyelets + tube, and a cute envelope clutch from Tea & Sympathy.




And square neck dress from Goss:ps




After shopping around Jalan Telawi, we headed off to Mid Valley where more shopping ensues.

*faint*

We headed off to Dragon-i for Xiao Long Baos.




Eggplant in spicy bean sauce.





Our favourite fried chicken pieces in dried chillies. A must-have every time!




Mum, we just want you to know that you're always on our minds. We love you, always and forever.

xoxo,
Your princesses

5 comments:

3kidsmama said...

there you go again...so many mouth-watering pics on most of your posts!!
I regret I had such a short and rush schedule in KL, else , I would love to go food hunting with u!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie!

I love your dress. you look very pretty in it. where did you get it?

Anonymous said...

hi carrie! I like your dress too- the camellia detail is fab- very SATC Carrie :)

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Shoeluva: Anne dearie..i know i know. Talk about being popular babe!! When are u coming back again? This time, you'll have to gimme your individed attention. Btw, the bottle of wine from Tiff is still with moi. :P

Adele: Thanks Adele :). I love the dress too. Bought it on impulse when I was out waiting for some friends for dinner. Bought it from Topshop the Petite range. You can go check it out, it might still be there.

Petrina: Thanks dearie.. I love what you said about being SATC. This is the ultimate compliment already. ;) By the way, how did you come to know about my blog?

Anonymous said...

hi Carrie!

thanks for visiting :) I'm always googling clothes, shoes accessories etc I love LV too!) and stumbled upon your site... I think it must have been the Pavillion post eons ago