Friday, May 09, 2008

Still alive...

Hi peeps,

Sorry for the perpetual lack of blogging presence here.

I've been kidnapped by an alien and have just been released a couple of days ago.

Okie okie, lame joke aside.

In truth, I was having a hell of a time at the new place.

Day One saw me working till 10pm. Things were moving so fast that I was already on my way to PWTC for 2 technicals meetings on that day. Meeting adjourned at 7pm and I rushed back to the office to look up on the files to learn more about the upcoming annual event my dept is organising for over 5000 delegates.

Subsequently, Day 2 onwards I've been staying back till 2am.

Not that I wanted to as I've completed my tasks by 10pm everyday, but I had to stay back cos my superior said, "Erm..you can't go, cos the other 2 girls have not finished their work, so it's not fair".

Yups, I've finished my tasks but I had to stay back longer just to give them extra 'moral support'. I've taken up whatever tasks they've passed to me, as for the rest of their tasks, it was up to their own time management.

I was like a walking zombie by the 4th day.

I personally don't think it's very healthy and most of us were pretty unproductive by the end of day. Some of them were simply wasting the company's resources.

I do not agree with staying back just to claim the luxurious overtime/subsistence allowance. I rather trade it for a balance lifestyle.

A typical day goes like this: reach office at 9am, work till 2am, sleep like a baby ~ totally 'zong off'.

Heck, I was even working on Labour Day till late. The girls were even planning to work through weekends. Basically, the plan was to work till at least 1 or 2am everyday.

This will go on for at least 3-4 more weeks.

I wouldn't mind the workload if it was a one-off thing leading to the big event. However, it was the lack of planning and leadership that I wasn't impressed with...

So, I've resigned...

And i took up an offer that was offered to me by a Senior Mgr from the Corp Office prior to me leaving.

She told me this, “Carrie, I’ve been in the banking industry, it’s not easy. Do consider my offer for this position and call me if you are not happy working there.”

And I'm glad i did.

Now, I'm back for good. :)


Yes i know i know, you're probably confused...I'll tell you more, give me a tinkle.