Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Books n stuff

Had the urge to go MPH after my dance classes today. Usually, I'm too tired to do so after a rigorous workout.

But today, i felt compelled to do so. I normally feel this way only if i ran out of books to read.

Also, i have just gotten a couple of books from a friend, many of which I'm saving for my Phuket trip. :)

Oh yeah, I finally remembered why I needed to go to MPH.

Had to get their latest edition of Female magazine (the September issue)


(nope this is not the cover of the latest issue)


I've contributed my story to a friend who's writing a feature for this month's issue. Can't tell you what the feature is about though, sorry. It might be too saucy for some ppl :P.

Anyway, she's given me an exotic name (she quote la) and my identity remains anonymous. :)




On another note, I've found a book which I'd like to get next.

My Life with George by Judith Summers


The story is about how a willful Cavalier King Charles Spaniel brought life and laughter back into Judith Summers' life after she had lost two of her dearest family members to cancer - her husband and father.

I've read a couple of pages and it looked pretty promising. I'll definitely get this on my next visit.
I think it might prove to be quite an emo book for me too.

'Animal enthusiasts will love this story of four-legged animal rescue, but beneath the surface there is a touching a bravely charted narrative of bereavement and its aftermath'
Daily Express


'Hilarious and moving' Daily Mail


'Funny, touching, tender and true' Justine Picardie

No comments: