Saturday, August 02, 2008

Charles & Keith opening party


After the emotional breakdown episode, the only thing my body was telling me to do was 'slow down'.

That was when i recollected my old self.

I couldn't go on forcing myself to stay at home trying to complete an insurmountable amount of 'things to do'. And totally ignore my social life.

I've sacrificed many gym workouts, parties and happy hours with my good pals - just so that i could work on that 'thing'.

And i was unhappy not being able to be me.

After the breakdown, i decided enough was enough.

I needed to be me. I want to be the good ol' happy me again.

And so, I happily accepted the invitation to attend the opening party of
Charles & Keith.



I've been wanting to go check out the Charles & Keith outlets here in Malaysia ever since I heard they're coming to town. Now, I don't have to go all the way to Singapore to get them anymore. :)







I'm sure lots of Malaysian women out there are thankful to the Valiram Group for bringing these fashionably affordable shoes here.




At the Charles & Keith Opening Party, Pavilion.




Shoe-shaped foliage







Me and sis.

Dashed there after hour and was glad i made it.






I love the mini tiramisu. Simply guilt-free indulgence.




As soon as they've performed the launch gambit, I went in to grab as many check out the shoes.




Found a pair i like within seconds.





Yet another...




And another...





These ones are from their signature collection... Simply gorgeous!





Look at the amount of ppl trying on the shoes.



Sazzy Falak was at the launch as well. And she was spotted trying something similar to this pair (pix below).

The pair she tried on was shiny gold and in addition to that, it had a thick gladiator ankle strap (if i wasn't wrong la). Pretty cool (sorry, no pix though).






I might as well show you some more pix from the collection. [Source: My Facebook group - Charles and Keith finally in KL]











And they've got nice arm candies too...






Yups, I managed to refrain myself from overspending. I only bought a pair.
Super disciplined eh? :)


Love this bejewelled pair.

So, are you off to Pavilion yet?

XOXO

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes there. I heard they are opening in Pyramid as well. love this post.

Anonymous said...

i love charles & keith! Too bad I can be in KL for the grand opening!!!

Novo here sells a small selection of C & K shoes, but will definitely be buying up a storm when I head to Singapore in Sept!!

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling better soon too... hope its not work stress- if it is- i can totally relate at the mo!

hugz

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Judy: Hie Judy! Welcome to the club. These shoes are really fantastic and what's more, they are so affordable. :)

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Judy: Hie Judy! Welcome to the club. These shoes are really fantastic and what's more, they are so affordable. :)

Yeah, i think the pyramid one is opening soon. i can't wait cos it's so much nearer to my workplace. hehe

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Petrina: Ooh yes you do that girl.Btw, do you have the Charles & Keith membership? If you don't just sign up for one in Sg. Members get discount. Do buy up a storm and keep me updated with k?

However, they don't have a membership system here in Msia yet. I've asked and they're pretty unsure if they're gonna implement it here. sigh..

Thanks for the well wishes. Your guess is right. But i can't exactly spell it out here. There are some *taboo* words i can't use here.

Things are certainly looking better though. :)

So, when are u off to Bhutan?

Anonymous said...

It seems remarkable idea to me is