Sunday, August 24, 2008

A year has passed and i still miss you...

Dearest pohpoh,

Today is exactly a year since you've left us.

I was just re-reading some of the posts (Forever, I'm still alive, Dream, In remembrance of her) which i've written during that period of bereavement, revisiting my feelings then.

It's unbelievable how quickly time flies when you're so consumed with work.

Though time has healed the wounds, memories of you are still fresh in my mind. I still think of you every now and then, especially during special occassions like Chinese New Year, Mother's Day, your birthday, Mid Autumn festival, etc.

My only regret is that I'm not able to fulfill what you've always teased me about. "Wan Li, when are you gonna treat grandma to your wedding dinner?". I know it's your wish to see your eldest grand daughter married and having a loving family of her own.

I know how much you loved me. Don't worry pohpoh, I'll be fine. Always will be. I have a lot of people caring for me and taking good care of me. I'll never be lonely. :)

My dearest pohpoh, I'll always treasure the times you've shared with me.

You'll always be in my heart. Always...

I love you.



++++++++++++



[*Wan Li is my name - Ven Li - in Mandarin]

2 comments:

zewt said...

we will never stop missing them. it's also a good thing to miss those who are gone... it means they are remembered. and they like it i am sure.

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Thanks Zewt. :)

I guess the same goes for you. I was reduced to tears when i read your posts about your mum. I too am sure, she's really touched with what you've said about her.