Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dream

I had a dream.


I dreamed of my grandma early this morning. I dreamed that she came back for a day just to spend one final day with all of us.


We did many things together, one of which was taking a huge family portrait together.


I remember she appeared strong and healthy. She looked happy and well.


I recall our small talk together. I asked her things which I wanted answers to. I wanted to know if she's well. I wanted to know if she's heard us during her wake.


I remember walking together with her to send her off. I remember all of us weeping when we realised that it was time to see her go.


I awoke with this memory fresh in my head.


It was a bright and sunny 7:30 morning. I've never felt this fresh upon waking from my slumber, but yes, I was very much awake then.


Do you believe that the dead can come back to visit her loved ones? Or was i thinking too much? Maybe I was sub-consciously seeking for some sort of closure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,

I have experienced something similar. I do believe that they can come back to visit their loved ones, also in dreams.

Glad to know you have some closure with your granny.

hugs

Anonymous said...

freud mentioned something about dreams being from the sub conscious.

i personally think that it may be true that she visited u in ur dream.

good to know that u're getting better.

lotsa love and hugs,
Kev

Anonymous said...

i just wish to hug you and tell you everything is alright love. dont worry, i'm always here for you. love.

Anonymous said...

from what i see, you truly sayang your grandma. a good and loving grand daughter. i'm sure she's very proud of you my dear.

Donald G.H Tan said...

Hey Carrie,

So sorry to hear about your Grandma.
Our Deepest Condolences.
We have been out of the Net for awhile.
All of us are fine especially Xiao Mei. Are all of you OK?
Must get a reunion meet.

Regards,
Lucy,Donald and Xiao Mei

p.s lost your HP number as I lost my phone a month ago. Please give me a missed call yah?

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Mo2: thanks for sharing your experiences with me. i truly appreciate your kind gesture. hugs

kev: i dunno whether it's the subconscious of that i was thinking of her too much. whatever it is, i hope that she's in a better place now.

dan: awww..i'm really touched. thanks thanks thanks. :)

lynn: :) yes, i know she's proud of me and the rest. so are we to have had her as our grandma.

donaldghtan: thanks for your kind words. everything is alright now.

glad to know that Xiao Mei is doing well. My kids are pretty good themselves, though a tad bit naughty. yes, we should have a doggy party soon.

i don't have my phone with me at the moment as i left it with a friend. will give u a call 2moro. =)