Monday, September 10, 2007

Out and about

The past 2 weeks have been so chaotic that I barely had any social life.

These are some of my random thoughts then...


~*~*50 years from now*~*~

Pre-merdeka, everyone was commenting on the fact that the fireworks for this 50th year will be darn fantastic.


And one of us pointed out, "If you think this 50th one will be damn good, wait till our 100th year anniversary...can you imagine how gorgeous the fireworks would be? Think of the amount that we'll spend just to celebrate the marking of the 100th year.."



And that led us to think whether how many of us will still be alive to witness the celebration. Come to think of it, most of us will be in our late seventies or early eighties.


Will i still be around then? And how many of my friends will still be around to enjoy the fireworks with me?




~*~*Celine's bday celebration at TSB*~*~


Theresa, Mel, Rahul and myself celebrated Celine's bday last Friday at TSB.


Happy Birthday Celine, may you be blessed with your heart's desires!


Rahul and I got her this sexy wrap top from SugarPoppins. I got her this cos i knew she's been looking for this kinda soft leather belt.




BL017B - RM49 Sold out



To me, TSB is the place I go for drinks cos I barely eat there. The only thing that i've tasted there would be the duck, which is always good.



Last week, I felt like risotto. And boy, did i make a good choice when I chose the Asparagus Risotto with Mushrooms and Basil Pesto. I absolutely love love love basil pesto. And the risotto was cooked to perfection - it was super-duper rich. Gee, was i high on risotto that night or what?



Besides the risotto, there's this one dish that's just the bomb for vegetarians. It's their mushroom burger. However, in this case, there's no bread, just the mushroom as the breadtop. Very yummy and juicy according to Rahul, our resident vegetarian.



I'm so gonna google some yummilicious risotto recipes online and cook up a storm this weekend. (fingers crossed, cos i have a feeling i've got some appointments lined up already :p).




*sorry no piccies cos i didn't have my camera with me*





~*~*Good morning, Morning Glory*~*~


I'm so so so happy!

I was rushing to meet up with my friends at Cineleisure to watch the premier of Premonition (tell you more about that later).

As i was going about my way (dashing in my heels cos i was gonna be late), I spotted a very familiar sign. And i thought to myself, "What's Morning Glory doing here in Msia? Is this for real?"


Morning glory is located on the Ground Floor of Cineleisure, opposite Hollys Coffee. Go check it out.





When I was studying in Melby and Sydney, I used to shop for cute cute stationeries from Morning Glory. (if i remember correctly, it was a fortnightly thing).


Just like how the Japanese have Sanrio (Hello Kitty, My Melody, Little Twin Stars, Keroppi, etc) , the Koreans have their very own version from Morning Glory.


Hello Kitty


My Melody


Little Twin Stars


Keroppi



The following are my favourite characters from Morning Glory:



The ever-curious Blue Bear





The lovable penguins : Pingki and Pengko



Pingki



Pengko





The cutesy + charming Poding and Puding





The shy Soonie




And


:


:



Wooya, the warm hearted polar bear



I somehow can't find "White" this lovely girly character. I remember owning White organisers, notepads, files, pencils, pens, etc.


I hope they'll bring White in soon.



I stopped and decided to speak to the Supervisor cos I was so thrilled. I wanted to know how they're faring and what sorta strategies they'll be employing to create brand awareness for this Korean brand.

They are in the process of bringing in the loyalty card programme. (i think i still have my Morning Glory cards with me from eons ago, i wonder if they'll convert the points for moi :P)


Let's hope they'll grow and continue to do well so that my Morning Glory collection can continue to grow too. :)


Someone get me that Blue Bear plush quick! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i've never heard of morning glory. these characters are so cute. i cant wait to check them out.

Anonymous said...

oooh..wooya the white polar bear is so adorable. i've never heard of them before. oh btw, i also like puding.

Anonymous said...

good to know you are out and about.

blue bear huh?

hugs

Anonymous said...

i tried to google "White" cos i'm curious to know how she looks like since you like her so much. but i cant find any :(

Anonymous said...

Morning Glory is my favorite store! : ) awesome!!!!!!

LUCIANA BUENO VALENTE said...

OLÁ! GOSTEI MUITO DE SEU BLOG. ACHEI ELE CRIATIVO E MUITO BONITO! PARABÉNS....
POR ISSO ME SENTI MUITO MOTIVADA A TE SEGUIR.
VOCÊ PODE RETRIBUIR?

www.youtube.com/lbva21
www.lupapodemulher.com.br
www.lupapodeblog.blogspot.com