Friday, September 21, 2007

Of good friends...

I haven't seen Yong Yee in ages. I think it has been more than a year since we last met (it was that time when Dora came back from JB to visit us).

Bee, YY, CS, Dora, Kelvin and myself were once super-duper close. We were all working at TOA then.

One by one we left the company and since then we spent less time together. But still, we made every little effort to meet up. Birthday celebration was a good way for us to gather together and catch up.

Ever since Dora left for JB for good, I realised our group has gotten smaller and smaller everytime we meet.


Is it becoz we all have no time for each other anymore? Is it becoz no one cares anymore? Or is it becoz we are just too lazy to make the effort to meet up? I dunno.


Bee called me up to plan for YY's bday a week ago. And I was really looking forward to meeting up.

Initially, it was just me, Bee and YY. CS was still in the office, and he wasn't sure if he could make it to join us. He sounded pretty stressed out.


Question, do you realise that as you go older, with the heavier workload and responsibilities, sometimes you tend to forgo little luxuries like meeting up with friends?

Or maybe it's just me. I see that happenin to my circle of friends only too often.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We went to TJ Haus (yes, it has officially been voted as our fave choice bcoz of its value-for-money-good-food and convenient location) again to celebrate YY's bday.


Happy belated birthday YY!!!


Bee, YY, me - while waiting for CS.


Mengada-ada striking a pose.


Clockwise from top: Crispy duck, Lamb shank, Chicken chop with rich mushroom sauce.


We were so glad CS could make it. Ah boy ah, i miss u leh. hehe


I had some pipe cleaners leftover from the training. And I made a flower each for the girls.


CS didn't want flowers. So i made him a ring.

It was good catching up with you guys. We gotta really do this more often.

No comments: