Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stressing out over accommodation

I don't know why but it seems as if I've been checking out hotel rates online forever.

First, it was for my beautician cum good friend, Miko. She and her family will be going over to Melbourne-Sydney-Gold Coast for a 2 week holiday and she has asked me for recommendation of where she should stay. For Melbourne and Sydney, I could just name the hotels off hand and search for something which suit her budget.

As for Gold Coast, I wasn't too sure as I can't really remember where I stayed at the few occassions when I was there with different friends.

I suggested for Miko to rent a condo since there will be quite a few of them, it'd be cheaper to rent a condo as compared to renting a few rooms. And they could rent a car to drive around Gold Coast to check out the lookout points and do all the touristy things a tourist would do, instead of buying tour packages from the hotels.

So off I went googling. And I stumbled upon this pretty good website for Hotel Reservations.



I like the fact that the rates are competitive and they offer SPECIAL VALUE rates on and off. On the website, there's this line that says "lowest internet rate price guarantee". I've done quite a few comparisons and this seems to be true to its words.


Also, what amazes me is that I can search for almost any location in the world and there would be something which matches my budget.


I've been checking out hotel rates for my next Bangkok trip. I'm hoping to stay at a different hotel just for a change. I'm thinking some where in Silom or Sukhumvit would be good.


This time round, I'm hoping to check into some chic hotels like the Davis Hotel in Sukhumvit or Silom Lodge for instance. Davis Hotel is just next to Camp Davis, this really cool boutique mall which is small, cosy yet trendy.


But but..I'm a little indecisive.


Currently Davis Hotel is going for $86.23 per room per night. Whereas I'm tempted to book with Silom City Hotel because there's a special deal going on at the moment. The price per room per night has been slashed from $42.87 to $38.58. What's more, they're having a "stay 2 nights and save 10% off your stay". Tempting isn't it?


I can't decide between the two.

Shall I go for...

The chic hotel which is nice but has less public transport accessibility? or the not-so-chic but decent hotel which is surrounded by shops and bazaars? Also, Silom City Hotel is pretty near Lumphini Park too.

Decisions decisions.

Which one shall I choose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i were u, i would go 4 the cheaper one. save the $ for shopping. i support the 2nd hotel

Anonymous said...

choice #2 for me. cos i can use the money for shopping. hi5 PBJ!

Anonymous said...

oh babes, i cant choose either. both are good in their own way. but i have just checked out camp davis, it looks so good. so i guess i prefer davis hotel.