Saturday, October 25, 2008

Snow white ...

My 2 cents..

If you wanna be really popular/outstanding in a company that has over 1000+ employees, you really have to shine.

Participating in an annual company event such as the dinner & dance can really help if you have that in mind.

For the last 3 years' annual dinner, i was on stage.

First year - as a finalist for Best Dressed Female (had to do several rounds of catwalk and short acting with my fellow male partner), Second year - participated in a dance competition and emerged as winner, and finally the Third/Final year - participated in a play and came up second.

All these has garnered lots of (sometimes unnecessary) attention. It can be pretty embarrassing at times, but at the same time very flattering :)..especially when your friends showed their utmost support and tell you how much they loved your performance.



Well, these are some of the comments I received the following Monday after our performance during T*ylor'sWood over the weekend.


"Ooh Carrie everyone loves your Snow White character."
This came from someone from HR (all the way in the next block). She was so excited that
even her colleague who didn't attend (whom i'm not that close to) said she heard that my
character was a hit. Aren't i surprised?



"You are truly a Corrupted Snow White ;)"
This came from a very close friend, who knows me very well. :P You know who you are!



Someone whom i have never met before, came up to me, while i was queuing by the ATM
machine line. He tapped my shoulder and said..
"You are Carrie right? You played Snow White the other day? Great job. Hi, I am XXXXXX,
from XXXXX school. I thought your character would be very demure, but hey you were so
cool..and u danced very well - such a natural!"
As this came pretty much as a surprise, all I could mutter was "Thank you :)", after which it
was my turn to proceed to the ATM.
I asked, "How you know?"

"I saw the credits at the end" was his reply. "And I was just talking to the other guys a while ago about you."
He then proceeded to asking me out for lunch before walking off.

Weird? I then asked some of my team mates if they knew who this XXXXXX is and Steph told me that he came over to our table several times asking about the identity of the girl who played Snow White. FReaky!!


"Flirty snow white" <-- this was probably the most common comment I received.


"You danced very very well"..<--also very common.


Right after our performance some angmohs from the Canadian programmes came up to me, "Hey, you did very well. Very entertaining. We are voting for you!"



This came from a very high ranking PA, whom I deal with on and off.
I was telling her how difficult it was trying to ensure that all the big guns could attend an event that I'm organising in Nov. Shared that if there is any more last minute cancellation, I might just faint.
This was her reply..
"Aiyer, dun worry la. If they give you trouble, all you need to do is faint - Snow White style. And they'll definitely not deny you of anything you ask" :P

That, I totally didn't expect her to joke with me. :P


No comments: