Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Truly thankful

Had the shock of my life when mum called during lunch saying, "Dear, don't panic. Dad's been admitted to XXXX Hospital. He had a mild heart attack just now. Come over to the hospital as he's going to undergo surgery soon. Drive safe, don't panic."

At that moment, I was more than shocked and panicky.

I just couldn't believe that my dad, someone whom I've always regarded as invincible is sick. :(

I immediately called my care group leader as well as my other church friends, requested for them to activate the prayer link, hoping that our prayers will bring about total and swift healing and protection for my dad.

As i was driving to the hospital, all i could think of was flashback to what I've said to dad yesterday morning. I didn't even tell him that i love him. :(
Memories of the times he spent sharing stories and giving me countless advice came flooding back.

I was crying, and praying to God as i was driving.


Upon arrival at the hospital, mum informed that she has signed the documents and that the doctor is attending to dad. Not long after, the doctor informed that he has performed balloon engioplasty and that dad is doing well.

Thank God! Thank God!

Dad's now out of ICU and he's doing well. :)

Appreciate if you could continue praying for my dad for his full and swift recovery. Am also praying for favour that we'll be able to claim our insurance - there seem to be some difficulties.

Thank you for your well wishes dearest friends.

xoxo
Carrie

No comments: