Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mid Autumn festival

~*~*Mid Autumn Festival*~*~

Been wanting to post this entry earlier, but since Sweetie passed away, i didnt feel it was appropriate to do so at the time.

I feel funny coming to work, and not being able to go check on Sweetie.

I hope she rests in peace in kitty heaven. I pray that her mum is alright and well too.

Yes, i know it's time to move on... I'm slowly getting used to the fact that she's no longer here.
*
*
Moving on...I'm gonna post this entry to liven my mood up a little.

*

*

Friday - 06102006 - in celebration of the 15th day of the 8th month of the year 2006 (lunar calendar)



Top left: Me getting ready to go to grandma's house to celebrate mid autumn festival. I was really excited, i even bought a tanglung (lantern) from a nearby grocery store at work.

Top right: Me and sis (Caryn) lighting our lanterns. It's so cool to relive our childhood!





My dad was such a good sport. He helped us to hang the lanterns by the a/c unit. How cool's that?! =)




Dad, me and sis (Claudine) with the colourful tanglungs.




My dad and mum. Aren't they loving?

*

*

I'm a lil disappointed with the handiwork of the tanglungs nowadays. I remember back when i was a little girl, i used to admire the floral designs drawn on the lanterns. The details from this batch of lanterns were very lousy and so barely visible that you'll have to use a magnifying glass to see what was being scrawled on the lantern. tsk tsk..





One for the family.




One big happy family :)

I cherish this picture very much.

I realise that as I'm getting older, the ppl around me are getting older too (duh). I used to think that my parents nor my grandparents never aged. But everytime i look at their pictures, i see their hair getting a little more gray.





Papa and Gong-gong. The 2 most influential men in my life.




Lil cousin, sis and Poh-poh.





This is my fave part – lighting up candles and lanterns. There is no age discrimination whatsoever. =)



Meimei doin the “superman” pose. Ah boy was too shy to pose together eventhough the superman lantern actually belongs to him.




I dun remember seeing these kinda lanterns when I was a kid. Powerpuff girl? Superman? Cute character from Professor IQ?



Grandma worships the lady on the moon with these paraphernalia : mooncakes, pomelo, mini yam, fruits, Chinese tea, candles & joss sticks .


Was kinda disappointed as the moon wasn't visible at all that night. This is the night when the moon is supposed to be at its fullest and brightest. Thanks to the haze, there was no moon.

No comments: