Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gimme some ME time please


~*~*Gimme some ME time please*~*~

I took a day off work yesterday as I had some important errands to attend to. After everything was done, I found myself within the vicinity of the oh-so-upmarketty-ish Avenue K.

There was a design exhibition set up by the British Council and various local designers in the foyer area of Avenue K, which i thought i might as well check out since I've completed my tasks for the day.


Left: Fire print show piece, Rapunzel print tights - designed by Eley Kishimoto



Suburban in a bag





Mobile art




Trolley and beat lights - designed by Alvar Aalto and Tom Dixon




Rockstar games




Stussy



~*~*~*Tea time*~*~*~


Went over to The Curve to look for Caryn cos i felt like having Big Apple donuts for tea. When we were there, we were drawn to Mango. There was a Pre-sale going on.

Yes, MNG will be starting their SALE tomorrow!

Oh boy, all thoughts of food disappeared. All i wanted to do was to grab watever pieces of clothings i could, have those reserved and pick it up the next day when the SALE will officially commence.


Only rule for regulars during the pre-sale is: reservation must consist of at least 7 items. If it's less than that amount, you'll just have to return the next day and hope that the dress/top/watever you wanted is still there.


So dun say I'll didnt warn ya, better go Mango fast fast :P



After our much needed retail therapy, it was time for us to indulge in our donuts.





We shared the original glazed and the green tea donut. I like the green tea one. Ocha oh ocha o watashi no daisuki desu.


This is my signature "i'm half awake" pose. [why la, most of my pix are typically taken with my eyes shut, gee]


itadakimasu!

3 comments:

~ VinnY ~ said...

What's the story abt the Shakespeare Globe Theatre?

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Vinny: that's just a poster for the design exhibition. nothing's happening.

Anonymous said...

I tried the donuts. They taste so good, much better than dunkin donuts. I think i'm addicted to those donuts now. Thanks to you Carrie.

Bryan