Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lunch with the girls

~*Lunch with the girls*~

After a night of clubbing, a hearty lunch filled with the latest gossips with my girlfriends sounds like a great idea.

Though i slept at around 5:30am (with a pounding headache mind you), i awoke at 9:30am without any hangover whatsoever. That, i was pleasantly surprised. =)


Nonetheless, i headed to the kitchen to make my favourite hangover remedy. I cooked instant tomyam noodles. Juices (orange + apple + celery), hamburgers or instant noodles normally do the trick for me.


Somehow, my tastebuds seemed to have gone off a little, the noodles just didn't taste as good.

Thought of going to bed to have a power nap before i go off to meet the girls. But i ended reading a book instead. I thought, "Geez Carrie, you're so gonna look like a zombie later". die die die.


We had lunch at Albert's, it's a cosy Italian cafe in a shoplot near Plaza Damas. The shop is partitioned into one part florist and one part cafe. The girlfriend owns the florist and she helps wait at the cafe too. Aww, isn't this sweet?








Me and my galfrens, the JM Alumnis. Yes, we all used to work at JM. Sarah will soon be a JM Alumni as well. =)

L-R: Sim, Me, Joann, Kai Reen, Sarah.


It was pretty difficult trying to plan and get everyone out as we were all so busy. Somehow this last minute plan worked out really well as we all could make it.

We gathered to celebrate the fact that Jo has accepted her offer to continue her postgrad studies at Nanyang Technology University in S'pore. Jo and her hubby will be leaving in July. =( We're so gonna miss you.

We were all pretty excited to know that Sarah's pregnant. You go girl!


Kai's the party animal in the group. Don't underestimate her when it comes to drinking. She can really really drink. Hats off to you girl!

Rah recommended this place as she and her hubby, Simon are regulars here at Albert's. According to her, the food's good and prices are reasonably fair.

We all (except Jo and Rah) ordered a set lunch menu (Rm13.90) which consists of: soup of the day [pumpkin and orange soup], grilled chicken fillet, or panfried dory fillet with white sauce, and lime juice]

Sim's grilled chicken fillet


I ordered the chicken fillet too. But they stuffed up my order. First they gave me the chicken fillet, then they took it away saying it's for another table. Then they gave me another grilled chicken but took it away cos they said it's the wrong order as mine's a roasted chicken.

I was too blur to notice anyway. It was the alcohol i guess. :P

This was what i got instead: roasted chicken with tomato and basil sauce.


Rah's lamb shank.


Kai's pan fried dory fillet with white sauce.


Jo was undecided as usual :P. In the absence of Steven, Rah had to order for her. Tomato and cheese toasted panini bread.

~*~*After lunch*~*~

Went to Plaza Damas to check out the blood donation drive that Simon was organising. I wasn't in the right state of mind to donate blood i reckon. What more when my blood has high concentration of alcohol. :P

There was a Japanese food fair going on.

I was so happy to see that they're selling Calpis Smoothies (RM3.90 a cup). I absolutely positively loooooooVvveee Calpis Soda. Used to drink it almost everyday back when i was in Sydney.

Thailand has Calpis soda too, but it is marketed under the name Calpico instead.


You can actually buy these calpis concentrate and mix it with water and ice. Blend all ingredients together to make a smoothie. yum yum..


I bought a little bottle of Choya Umeshu too. It's actually Japanese Plum Wine. I was actually quite surprised as i swallowed my first gulp cos it burnt my throat. The after-taste was sweet with a hint of sournote. It was actually quite yummy, in an unfamiliar kinda way.

The lady who sold me the Choya told me that lots of Japanese women love this drink. However, they will only drink this at home and not out of the house cos it's very easy to get drunk without realising. It's so yummy that you just keep going and next thing you know, you're drunk. Btw, the alcohol content is 15%.


i went home with a dress (Courtyard), my calpis smoothie and a bottle of choya umeshu. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice dress girl. :)

PBJ

Anonymous said...

Dear, you're so lucky to have so many different types of friends to hang out with.

i'm here in aussie with only my closest frens. and once they go back to their country, i'm left with my colleagues.

@non

Anonymous said...

you look very pretty.

have been reading your blog for a while now and i love your writing style. the sheer chic and casualness is very apparent here.

your good taste in fashion is obvious.

keep it up princess.

LeO