Thursday, September 11, 2008

It has gotta end!

Just woke up not long ago.

In fact, since yesterday, i've been sleeping for almost 24 hrs straight.

I went to work yesterday but was late as i was still puking by 8:50am. Had to wait for a while so that i could gulp a few spoonful of porridge before i eat those medicines.

While at work, it was a damn difficult task trying to concentrate as my head was spinning, i felt lethargic, with body aching all over, and a non-stop stomach cramp threatening the life out of me. :(

I was ready to go to the doctor and ask for the job. Fact, it was that moment, that I regretted not having the jab earlier.

Went to the resident doctor near my office. Dr Anita said that I should get admitted if i'm still not well by "tomorrow" (which means today la). Should go on IV drip cos I've been losing lots of water.

I took the jab (gosh, it was painful!! Sigh, my beautiful butt is now bruised blue black), and was asked to pack and rest at home for 2 days. Hopefully I wont have to be admitted la. *sweat sweat*

Went home and hit the bed immediately. Slept all the way through till 9pm.

Actually there were times i wanted to wake up. But i just couldnt gather the strength to pull myself out of bed. What with the headache and all. I felt as if i could blackout any moment. And my body was damn hot.

Finally woke up at 9pm. Saw that no one was home. Felt so pitiful.

Good thing my maid was in. She touched me and said that i was having high fever.

She quickly heat up the porridge that she has prepared for me and made me some ginger tea (using her traditional Jawa-nese recipe).

I felt dizzy at the time. All i could do was stare at the food. But couldnt stomach it.
Forced myself 2 spoonfuls and that was it.

Oh, but the tea was good. It was very soothing indeed.

My maid then suggested to perform the Jawa-nese "kurub" (this is similar to Chinese "quasar") on me. She said i might vomit out everything later and will feel better. Gosh, i was kinda scared but was feeling so sick (seriously, this feeling is worse than the worst hangover ever!!!) that i was game to try anything.

When my mother returned from her line dancing, she too was pained looking at how frail i was. "Girl, you better rest and not work tomorrow, k?

Then my maid also chimed in, "Ya, I was quite worried after seeing you puked this morning and you still went to work."

My reply, "No worries, i dun think i can go to work in this condition. And the doctor has given me a 2-day medical leave. Let's hope i'll get better by tomorrow".

It's so sweet to have ppl around you when you're sick. Thanks Mum! Thanks Yani!

No comments: