Saturday, December 01, 2007

Appreciation dinner @ Bangsar Avenue

When we (the performers and organising committee members of Boogie Nite 2007) were told that our MD, Dato' wanted to congratulate us for our effort and a job well done, we were truly thrilled. Everyone kept saying that this is so far, the BEST annual dinner that they've ever attended.

An appreciation dinner was in order.
Bravo peeps! :)

The venue where we were gonna celebrate was not confirmed until 3 days before.

When our Organising Chairlady finally informed us that we'll be heading to Bangsar Avenue to celebrate. We were all like, "Bangsar Avenue? Where's that? I haven't seen this place in Telawi, have i?"

The address said that it's on Jalan Liku, Off Jalan Riong. I was totally lost, cos the only part of Bangsar I know is Telawi, Bangkung, Ara. Oh, and BSC area of cos!

Listen to this:

"Bangsar Avenue is a three-in-one establishment that combines an alfresco terrace, a lounge area, and a dance area. With an earthy colour scheme, this place offers a cosy and relaxed atmosphere. For dance lovers, the funky dance area is spacious enough to boogie the night away. It also has a pool table and a dartboard for those who prefer less strenuous activities. The open-air terrace serves mouth-watering local favourites, while the lounge area offers most standard alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Most of all KARAOKE too!"

Hrmm..to be honest, we visualised that this was some kind of cool, undiscovered chic dining place, neatly tucked away in some residential area. You know, the kinda bungalows like Ciao.


And when Alice and I reached Bangsar Avenue...

We saw this...

And our reaction was this...

Where's the alfresco terrace? Where's the chic place we had in mind? Uh-oh...

Alice's expression was priceless!






Alice thought i should take a photo as soon as we entered the lift. The red background went well with my dress. LOL!





And this psychedelic design suited Alice's dress.




We were told to enter Room 888. Sounds so Cina right?

Evelyn, Emily, and Patrick karaoke-ing.





Then we spotted Theresa and Andrew playing pool. Ooh la la!

Immediately, we joined them at the table. 1st game: Theresa & Andrew vs Alice & i. We won! :)



2nd game: Eric & Theresa vs Alice & i. We won again!
3rd game: Theresa & Andrew vs Alice & i. And we won again!

To tell you the truth, I think we won by some sheer unexplainable luck. The last time I played was approx 3 years ago.

Chewah, never been happier. I potted 3 balls in a row on my first shot. Sorry, must show off a bit la. This is probably the only time I'm this good in pool. :)




Kaven deep in concentration...




Theresa the hustler... :P




Alice - my partner in crime




Me a hustler? Nah!





The Organising Chairlady, Shereen and her committee members, giving a short n sweet thank you speech.





Dato' saying his piece. :)





As I've only had like 3 hrs' of sleep the night before (I slept at 3+am, woke up at 6am. We had to go to the grave to pray for my late grandma...It's been 100 days already..oh, how time flies), I wanted to leave at 11:00pm.

Reasonable, given that it's a Thursday night, it's a working day the morrow and I barely had enough shut eye.

Also, I wanted to tail Alice's bf's car, cos I wasn't sure how and which direction to drive home.

But these 2 culprits barred me from going back. First, they said stay for 30 mins, after that another 30 mins, yet they asked me to wait another 30 mins. Gosh..we only left at about 12:30am. I was goddamn tired.


Partners in crime - Theresa and Beng!

These two kept stopping me from going back. You both owe me big time! Look at my face, it's lobster red. Did i look like i had a driver to send me home?


Thanks to Beng I had like 3 glasses of red wine and about 4 or 5 Chivas shots!

These things are lethal!


Me and Beng.
Should have spiked his drinks earlier on, so that he wouldn't stop me from going home. Regret big time man! :P (Beng, you shouldn't be reading this you know!)



Theresa - the only girl who dares to kiss me while clubbing.. :)




The boys singing to I don't wanna miss a thing



Patrick and Evelyn. King and Queen of karaoke that night.




All in all, i had lotsa fun. :)
The place, as it turned out wasn't that seedy. I think it's the crowd you hang out with that matters. However, I'll volunteer to be the one to select a place next time if we're gonna party again.