Monday, December 03, 2007

Even crazier for cupcakes ;)

After my first trial with cupcake decoration 4 days ago, I felt as if I could do much better.

Not easily defeated, I went about buying ingredients for my next cupcake project.

I had no idea that the day would come so soon. Unexpectedly, I was free yesterday noon.
Initially, Shukz, Mich and I had plans to go for our usual lunch at La Bod. This time round, we wanted to go to the one in Pavilion.

Somehow, at the last minute, the bride to be couldn't make it as she got summoned to spend a day with her mum. Possibly to check on her wedding arrangements/preparation.

La di da..I was kinda thrilled to have the whole Sunday noon to myself :)

Question: What sorta cupcake designs do I like? And what sorta designs can I do?

*idea* I love those mini rosettes cupcakes..

To be honest, I had no idea how to pipe mini rosettes. I was only taught how to pipe - stars, wreaths, shells, leaves - during my Xmas cupcake deco class.

So i asked around and was told that I could use a star tip to pipe rosettes.

And it worked! woohoo :)


Pre-project : I practised piping to try if i could pipe rosettes. :)


This time round i bought chocolate flavoured cupcake mix.

i had 4 colours to play with - purple, pink, apple green, yellow.


My very first batch of sweet sweet roses..


The mini cupcakes..



The large cupcakes...


Rose Rose I love you...






I've packed everything in a box and will be bringing to the office to share with my colleagues.

My only concern is that I'll smudge them during transportation. :P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow!

you've gone from beginner to professional overnight. impressive work darling! very very pretty.

Anonymous said...

hey gal, do u sell them? if yes, can i order? very very nice la! i love them all.

Anonymous said...

Carrie, i have to salute you. They look fantastic, too pretty to be eaten.

You always have a way of coming up with something new, a new trend or fad. I'm glad to have followed your blog so far. Very very interesting.

Again, you have made me want to learn this cupcake deco. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Babe, thanks for the wonderful and pretty cupcake! It looked too beautiful to even eat it! I had to stare and take photo of the cupcake before I had the heart to sink my teeth into your pretty cupcake ;p

Anonymous said...

great post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it