Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Perhentian adventure - Part 2

Day 2 - Sun, Sand and Sea

I was the first to wake up. Breakfast's at 8am. I woke up at 7am to shower, but i didnt bother washing my hair, eventhough it stank of ciggy n smoke from the night before. Why wash it when I'm gonna get my hair wet the entire day?

Back to the waking up so freaking early part. Since there were 4 of us, we had to share the toilet, naturally one of us had to wake up extra early. And since i'm likely to take the longest I had to go first.. Dun you just hate that?

All 4 of us..still blur from the night before..Me with my limpy, greasy hair from the night before :P



Our breakfast...
Gotta give them the thumbs up for whipping up such delicious mamak mee goreng!



And there's kuey teow goreng as well



It was a WET morning. Yups, the perfect time to sleep and not wake up at all. I just love sleeping on mornings like this.



Somewhere over the rainbow....



Off to Redang for our 1st snorkelling trip (cos we missed the one yesterday). Please ignore the messy, unruly wind-blown hair. :P



Ooh..Redang looks so beautiful!





Niah, our shy guide.









While waiting for the rest, i did some cam-whoring. Love this new navel stud i got from bkk.



Am currently contemplating to extend my tattoo. But no idea how yet..




My very first outdoorsy trip with the girls. They didnt wanna go on a shopping trip with me anymore cos they reckon i walk too much. :P



After spending about an hour in Redang, we hopped over to Marine Park for lunch and more snorkelling.

Our nasi bungkus - omelette, sambal squid and fried chicken...with sambal belacan. Shiok!




We weren't keen to snorkel here cos the water wasn't as clean as redang and the other islands.






We did some sunbathing and swimming around and got really burnt!



Next, we island hopped to Lang Tengah.




It reads "There was a time when sex was safe and diving was dangerous"



I love the water here, and the fishes were aplenty and mostly interesting. Carmen pointed out a school of baby barracudas swimming around the 2 of us.




Mon says "Take this picture, put it our your desktop and imagine that you're lying on the beach...chilling!". Ahhh..what bliss!



Oh, did i tell you about our crazy boatmen who drives like a maniac? Well, he's absolutely nuts. He loves to fly the boat and run on bumps and send us screaming for help. And he loves to sing Isabella at the top of his lungs.

He actually informed me that he'll allow me to drive the boat if i wanna. And i did..You should have seen the faces of the other passengers, they were all suddenly quiet as i took on the role. hehe




We drove to a kampung (village) opposite our pulau for roti canai and teh tarik.







Wonder why there are so many sheeps around...





I wonder how it'd be like to actually live in a kampung like that. How long will i be able to survive?



Back to Cocohut for our BBQ dinner.
We had BBQ squid, fried mee hoon, sausages, and fried chicken.



This ikan bakar was fantastic.



But i couldn't enjoy the food as my head was swaying due to motion sickness. After being on the boat for the entire day, I couldn't acclimatize myself with land anymore.

I felt sick.

It was taking me forever to get over my wooziness.

Nevertheless, we proceeded to Long Beach to club. This time round, we took a sampan there as there were only 4 of us (the guys left for KL after dinner). And gosh, the ride was even more rough on a sampan.

I didn't drink (good girl eh?) cos i was really sick.

I'm pretty glad i had a booze free nite =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you had a blast there despite all the drama. at least it made the trip even more memorable hehe. The island definitely looked lovely.

P/S: Mon has got HOTT legs!!! :P

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Kel!!

How u are feeling better.

eheheh..i was telling mon, "woman, kel is so gonna think you're so HOT!".

Wait till she reads ur comment. =)

Anonymous said...

hey why din ask me along !! i was dying to go diving , somemore with HOT girls like you all ... OMY "Fainted"