Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thoughts from the weekend

OK, excuse this very random post. I had lots of little random thoughts over the weekend so I thought I would just group them altogether.

First off, I had a very tiring weekend cos i was scheduled to work last week =(. I just found myself sleeping more and more of late. Possibly my body telling me i need to recuperate?

Secondly, I've been thinking of doing some serious shopping - yes, i figure retail therapy is good for my soul. Just found out that most shops are now having their 'Final Sales' (usually 50%- 70% off).

So people, this is the time to exert a lot of effort into picking out potential bargains! But remember to never to buy something that isn't up to your usual standards just because 'it's so cheap now'.

Besides retail therapy, i usually cook to de-stress.

I'm currently really excited to learn how to make my favourite dish - Pork with yam.

The ones you see here are made by my wonderful dad. This secret recipe has been passed down for generations. He'll be teaching me how to make this dish. It's a tedious process i tell ya. =)

One of dad's signature dishes




Thirdly, it was Christine's birthday yesterday.

"Happy Birthday Lai ma!"



So, Michael, Celine, Diana and myself brought her out for lunch to celebrate. We had lovely siao long pau (3 baskets full), duck ala beijing style with mantou (but heaps yummier), spicy stir fried chicken, steamed buns, crispy rolls, 2 servings of fried rice, a bowl of "zha jiang" ramen among the 5 of us.

I couldnt walk after the meal. It was just too much, but worth every cent cos it was a damn good meal =).


I love this spicy chicken dish.




Our favourite: duck ala beijing style with mantou (sorry, i'm clueless as to the name of this dish, i just know if you wanna order it, the number should be 63).



The mantou that comes with the duck.



Place the fried beancurd skin, duck meat and drizzle with some gravy on the mantou.



MmmMmm..another melt-in-the-mouth dish. =)



Crispy yam roll. Now, you know how much i love yam right?




Lastly, I'm just so happy i could sing all day :p

Yes, I'm singing praises for this product by BED HEAD - TIGI.



SMALL TALK is a 3-in-1 Thickifier, Energizer, and Stylizer. Blah, blah, blah.
Thickifier – adds body and volume. Energizer – gives life to limp hair. Stylizer – defines, separates and controls.

Remember how i was so upset after my trip to Perhentian? My hair was so dry and unruly that it was almost impossible to style.

Now, thanks to BED HEAD, my hair looks and feels greaaaaat =). I absolutely love the blueberry fragrance too - it reminds me of grape-flavoured vitagen actually :).

No comments: