Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cupcakes heaven...

I gotta give myself a pat on the shoulder cos I've never done this before.

Yups, I've never gotten ready in less than 10 mins and rushed out the door to reach a place in 5 mins!

My free cupcake decoration demo class (the one I got free with the purchase of Pleasures Delight) was at 11am and I awoke with a start at 10:45am. I couldn't believe my eyes when I realised that I was this close to being LATE!

Yups, I blame myself for sleeping at 3+am the nite morning before. Serves me right man!

I actually planned to wake up at 9:30am to give myself plenty of time to choose my outfit, shower and blow dry my hair before going. But all that was ruined...

I tried calling the place, wanting to inform them that I'm trying my best to make it on time but their line was engaged the entire time.


Miraculously, I whipped up something from my wardrobe (I chose a dress so that I didn't have to mix n match), had a quick shower, changed, wore my contact lenses, slapped on my sunblock moisturiser and sped off like a crazy demon.


Well, I made it to the place by 10:57am. I was so lucky to find a parking (cos the area where Digital Mall is - Sect 14 - is one of the most difficult areas to hunt for a parking space). However, I actually parked a block away from where the place is.

And so, I ran the one whole block in my 3-inch high heels. Darn!


I was panting when I reached the second floor, where the class is. I was 5 mins late. However, thanks to Msian timing, the classes hasn't started yet.


You're probably wondering why I'm so "kan cheong" (serious) about this free demo class anyway. Well, I've been contemplating doing things like cake decoration, jewellery making, sewing, and learning other hands-on skills of similar capacity.


I have a knack for arts n crafts, baking, cooking, making things pretty, etc. Yups, that's Carrie in short.





You guys just gotta see the cute cupcakes that Rosalind, the instructor made to show us.


She called this The boy with happy feet.



She made a turf of green, with a a golf tee.



She then added a golf ball as a final touch.

Hmm..i think i should make this for my dad.



A basket of fruits and flowers.


She sprayed some edible colour mist (similar to airbrushing) on the cherries to make it more real.


Everything here is edible. Even the cherry pick! It's made from our vermicelli (meehoon) :p.

Aiya, how to eat liddat? So pretty!!


Strawberries and cherries sculpted from fondant and left to dry for a day.


These flowers were also made from fondant at least a day before.


Cupcakes for baby shower!

A baby hiding underneath a blanket.


The beautiful flower motive on the blanket is made by rolling a patterned roller on the fondant. It's a good investment as it makes everything very pretty. However, the price of the roller starts from RM99 - RM219. Damn exp!


Beautiful baby pram.

Xmas-y Cupcakes!

The flower petals is cut from sour ribbons.


Holly leaves.


A cat.
The whiskers are made using pretzel sticks (pocky). Try using the thinner sticks so that it doesn't look so fat.



These bows will look better on a bigger cupcake.


Remember i told you about those patterned rollers? Yups, this is another design. Nice right? I figure all you'll need is that roller for cake decoration. I'll only make cupcakes like this..hrmm sounds like a one hit wonder to me.


Another patterned using a different roller. So sweet right? To create the glossy effect, some edible silver dusts were brushed onto the fondant.


This is how you dry and store those flowers. So girls, don't throw away your egg cartons.



Some cakes decorated by ICCA's students.

I'm very very tempted to sign up for their Level 1 cupcake decoration course. (RM550 for 4 weeks. 2 hours per week). However, the time scheduled for Level 1 will not suit my busy year-end schedule. Since I can't even confirm which Sat/Sun I will be working, I dare not sign up.

I'm thinking of signing up for their Holiday Series - Christmas Cupcakes. (RM100 for 3 hours on a weekday). Will call them up tomorrow and do so.



Besides teaching (the training centre is one 2nd floor), there's also a shop on 1st floor which sells everything and anything related to baking. Seriously, it's impressive.

I was quite tempted to grab this choc fondue pot home. :p


Look lollipop molds! Damn cute right?


For those of you interested to join me in taking up the Xmas cupcake special, lemme know.

Or you can contact ICCA yourself.

International Centre of Cake Artistry
16-B, 1st and 2nd Floor,
Jalan 14/20, Section 14,
46100 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
Tel: 03-7960 0388.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds so cool..

i wanna check out the website and join u too!

Unknown said...

louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, nike free, replica watches, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, sac longchamp, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, burberry, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, nike air max, gucci outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, louboutin, nike roshe run, prada handbags, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, longchamp

Unknown said...

hermes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, replica handbags, michael kors, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, lululemon, coach outlet, hollister, tn pas cher, michael kors, timberland, sac guess, true religion jeans, ugg boots, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, north face, true religion jeans, nike air max, michael kors outlet, new balance pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike free run uk, ugg boots, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, north face, true religion jeans, mulberry, michael kors outlet, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, nike air max, coach outlet, hogan, air force, ralph lauren uk, nike blazer, burberry outlet online, burberry, michael kors, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher

Unknown said...

reebok shoes, abercrombie and fitch, iphone cases, babyliss, valentino shoes, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, nike huarache, converse, timberland boots, ferragamo shoes, soccer jerseys, lululemon, soccer shoes, vans shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, chi flat iron, louboutin, converse outlet, nike air max, ghd, gucci, lancel, insanity workout, oakley, birkin bag, vans, beats by dre, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, mcm handbags, ray ban, herve leger, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, nfl jerseys, longchamp, new balance, mont blanc, instyler, p90x workout, north face outlet, baseball bats, mac cosmetics, nike roshe

Unknown said...

supra shoes, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, toms shoes, replica watches, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, coach outlet, pandora charms, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, ugg boots uk, marc jacobs, pandora charms, moncler, karen millen, moncler, montre pas cher, hollister, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, links of london, swarovski crystal