Friday, October 12, 2007

Jalan-jalan cari makan in KL!


Yes, we've finally had our lil eating adventure a few days back (as planned). :)

My colleague, Alice's grandma has a stall in Pudu (along Jalan Kecil, better known as "Pun San Pah" in Cantonese) which sells very very yummilicious tan dan (double boiled egg custard). We've been saying we wanted to check out their stall forever and we finally did it!



Our first stop for food was Restoran Yap Hup Kee. I've previously blogged about this fantastic restaurant with its wide variety of delightful hakka yong taufu. So I'm not gonna go into details this time.








I actually puked on my way to KL.
Sue-Ann aka Mulan reckoned it's the antibiotics that I took earlier. So there, I wasn't feeling up to bingeing much! Darn!






After lunch, off we went to Queen's Park for some shopping before hitting Pavilion..


At Mango's dressing room..







Tried a handful of clothings, bought 80% of it.
Yups, Mulan caught me off guard when she snapped this.





We left for our tan dan dessert pre-dinner.

Now, this is Jalan Sayur, in Pudu.
I heard from Alice that this place has quite a number of gastronomically delightful food, namely - kuey teow soup, fish ball noodles, fried chicken, etc. Mmmm..




Alice's dad serving us their infamous tan dan.
Alice's grandma has been selling tan dan here for over 40 years. When I asked around, most of our parents and even grandparents have patroned this place at one time.




Fresh off the boiler/steamer. MmmMmm... I was SOoooOoo drooling already.




Under normal circumstances, I'd have 2 bowls of tan dan since it was so so good. But I didn't cos I wasn't feeling too well. I had no intention to puke again. Eww..





Look at how smooth it was? And the fragrant smell of egg was absolutely heavenly!

The tan dan here was really good. It's as good as the ones I've tasted in Hong Kong! I was so impressed.

While snapping away, Alice's dad teased me asking if I was from a TV station documenting his tan dan. According to him, Astro and another station will be coming next month to cover a story on their tan dan. Cool!




We couldn't wait to dig into our tan dan.
Me, Mulan, Hui Ling, Crystal, Pei Shi, Alice.


Alice's grandma's stall not only sell tan dan, they also serve various desserts/tong sui.

I washed down my tan dan with a bowl of leng chee kang (i asked for only the soup, without those nuts and snow fungus).

There's also this sweet tea-egg (dan cha) tong sui which I wanted to try...but i couldn't stuff in anymore..

Becoz..


I wanted to try this!

Alice said that Winner's fried chicken is so good, "Can fight with KFC ok!". Wahwah..Must try man! I quickly placed my order. Damn kiasu.


Alice helping us girls to order. The rest of the girls had drumsticks, whereas I had chicken breast meat. I hate hate hate drummies. I love chicken breasts! Yah, I know i know..I am different. :P.


Fried chicken back and feet. :P

Edible?


Mmmm..It's as good as KFC! Maybe they use the same ingredients :P.
RM2.20 per piece. Good stuff!


After filling our tummies, we headed straight to Pavilion. There was a huge jam going on as ppl were rushing home to buka puasa (break fast).


As you know, this is my 2nd time to Pavilion and I vowed to see more than I did the 1st time.


These are some of the shops that I'm so glad are in Msia and I hope to see more around:


Ted Baker




We finally have a Juicy outlet here! WOoHoooOoo



FURLA - one of my favourite brands when I was in Oz.



Bebe - i love their chic + glam clothings. Ahhh..finally here! *me dancing & kissing the floor, doing a thank you ritual*



TANGS - we thought we've lost you forever when you liquidated....and now you're back! Welcome back!! :)



Parkson @ Pavilion is making a major comeback too!


I embrace the all-new Banana Republic with open arms. =)



Another Banana Republic window display/banner.



The Hari Raya set up @ the foyer. Looks pretty dead eh?


One of the reasons why we went on our makan/shopping trip is to find accessories, shoes, dresses for our annual dinner end of this month. The theme is Boogie Night.


Previously, I've posted some clothings from Promod here on my blog. And ever since then, Alice and Crystal have been checking their website. Alice found this purple retro dress with cleopatra neckline and we urged her to try it on.


Retro or not?


We all told her to get it cos she looked good in it. =)
But she's in a dilemma cos she's already got a retro top which she planned to wear for that nite.


Before going to Promod, we actually bought some accessories from Diva.

This purple ring which Crystal just bought matches the dress so darn well!


Add on the gold hairband, gold earrings, ring - the works!

I told her I'd vote her for best dress.

I dunno if I could dress as retro as her.


Alice couldn't decide whether to buy the dress or not..

So Mulan & I suggested that we go check out the eateries and grab a drink, chill, relax a bit then only decide.


I was so happy to see Lavender is here in KL. I first tried breads and cakes from Lavender in JB.


I love their tofu redbean cake (it's super soft, part cake, part tofu..). But they don't sell it here.
=(



I bought this spicy chicken floss with tuna and seaweed roll. It was delish!



For ice cream lovers, you can check out Milky Lane and try their soft serves.



Another happening donut joint! This one here is called J.Co Donuts & Coffee, which is very similar to Big Apple. According to my friend Mark, there are lots of these outlets in Jakarta.



I was pretty surprised there's a supermarket here. I think Mercato should be quite atas for a supermarket. :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, nike free, replica watches, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, sac longchamp, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, burberry, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, nike air max, gucci outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, louboutin, nike roshe run, prada handbags, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, longchamp

Unknown said...

reebok shoes, abercrombie and fitch, iphone cases, babyliss, valentino shoes, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, nike huarache, converse, timberland boots, ferragamo shoes, soccer jerseys, lululemon, soccer shoes, vans shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, chi flat iron, louboutin, converse outlet, nike air max, ghd, gucci, lancel, insanity workout, oakley, birkin bag, vans, beats by dre, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, mcm handbags, ray ban, herve leger, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, nfl jerseys, longchamp, new balance, mont blanc, instyler, p90x workout, north face outlet, baseball bats, mac cosmetics, nike roshe