Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jazz is in town....


It was a pure coincidence when my plans to rest and chill in Malacca coincided with Jazz coming to Malaysia.

I received a sms from Tiff last Monday saying, "We're back! On the way back from Singapore to Malacca".

I was ecstatic! What good timing.

Tiff has been telling me that they'll be coming back to Msia, but she didn't specify when. So the surprise was all good.


My cheemuis (Cindy, Mon, Carmen) and I left for Malacca a day after the general elections.




We had dimsum near my house in the morning before leaving. The hot topic of discussion was the results of the GE of cos.







I suggested to the girls to make our 1st stop here - The World's Bee Museum. A few years back, mum and I bought some really nice honey from here. And since Carmen was having sore throat, I suggested for her to buy some honey from here and gulp down as much as possible.

On our way to the museum, we saw this huge plant which resembles a giant pineapple.







This huge globe was made out of honeycombs, those black lines there were made out of individual bees connected together.










There was nothing much to see here. It was more of a place to taste the different types of honey produce than to learn about how it's made.




Next stop: Lunch

We had to wait quite a bit for our chicken rice ball. I'm so glad to be back at Restoran Chung Wah! I absolutely love their rice balls.







Guess how many plates of rice balls I had.




We jalan-jalaned for a while before checking in as it was still too early.

I found a shop selling ol skool toys. I'm still very amaze at the mechanism of this simple toy. Interesting!






We went to check out Cheng Ho museum, which was nearby our makan place.







It never cease to put a smile on my face whenever I see these extravagantly decorated trishaws. What more when these ones were actually blasting songs from the 80's. I could hear it even from where I was standing.






We were shocked to see such a huge crowd in Equatorial Hotel. Uh-oh!





What's with these ppl? So many...so many...

arggh, I felt claustrophobic all of a sudden.







Every where I looked, there's a huge crowd. ugh!






Thank God we managed to escape the people jam when we were told that we'll be checking in at the Club Lounge - special privilege as we've reserved a Club Suite. Hallelujah!


While waiting for Cindy to check in, Mon and Men used the internet to check the latest news on the GE results.





I think the Club Suite was just OK.
We had 2 single beds to share among the 4 of us, I dunno why but since I thought the room's more spacious somehow I've associated it with bigger beds as well. So I was a tad bit disappointed.






The washroom however, was huge.





There's a shower as well (concealed in the picture).





A room with a view.

I could spot my ex bf's high school from here.






The highlight of my trip - Jazzlyn

Lazed around a bit while waiting for Tiff, Jazz and Ian to arrive. I went down to meet them at the coffee house whilst the girls lounge around watching tv.

Was so happy when I finally got to meet the 3 of them. :)






Tiff mentioned that Jazz has suddenly developed this habit not to smile whenever she sees a camera. So true, she was smiling until she saw the camera and immediately she gave us the "bo chap" look.





Ian playing with Jazz.






"More..more...daddy!"





Here's a genuine smile. :)





It took Jazz a while to warm up to me.





"Give Kai ma a High five!"






"Mama..i'm sleepy"






She can now fit nicely into the dress I got her last Christmas. :). And she's got more hair too.

She looked everywhere except the camera. So cheeky!






"Look here Jazz. Kai ma gives you mumm mumm"
[mumm mumm = food]






Jazz liked the mumm mumm (it's upside down pineapple cake) very much. She kept saying, "more..more..more...".





Still not smiling..






Giving Kai ma a kiss. :)






"Daddy..more more..". Jazz wanted to play with Ian's glasses.






Eating more cakes. She's on a sugar high. No wonderlah so hyper. She was moving from place to place, running around non-stop. I really respect both Tiffany and Ian for they're still so energetic. It's not easy at all.






I bought her some more hair accessories. Put on this fuchsia hairband for her.






The girl didn't want anything on her head.





awww...so pretty!






"Mum I really wanna get rid of this!"




"High 5 daddy!"






Kai ma and mummy giving Jazz a peck on each cheek.





She's got a very robust and solid built. I was tired after a minute of carrying her. I think she's about 15kg.






"OK Jazz, Kai ma is getting tired from rocking you back and forth. Time out can? Mmmmuah"






After saying goodbye to the Lennox, I headed back to meet with the girls. And we went to jalan-jalan at Jonker St.






We saw this family selling "tok tok tong" ("tok tok" is the sound produced when you hammer/knock something, "tong" is sweet). It's a traditional way of making candies. You can hardly find such vendors nowadays.







These aren't really desserts. Don't let them fool ya! They're towels actually. Colourful!






The stage was empty. Normally you'd see some aunties and uncles singing karaoke on the stage.






What a pretty sight.







We had tai chow for dinner here cos Carmen had sore throat, she didn't feel like laksa or anything peranakan cos it's too spicy.




We waited for a long while before our food arrived. Should have bought some siew mais to nurse stomach first.






I was quite disappointed to find out that the stall that I usually frequent for cendol and goreng-goreng was already closed (I later found out that the stall no 88 usually closes very early on Sunday).

So we went to stall no 96 for desserts instead.




My verdict? Their cendol was too sweet. Aiya, i damn regret i missed the cendol from jonker 88 la!



We returned to the hotel shortly after desserts. Needless to say, the most interesting part of the day was the meet up with Jazz and Tiffany. :)

2 comments:

CoMMuniCate WiThMe said...

I kind of like your kai lui's 'boh Chap' facial expression, muahaha!

Carrie McGorgeous said...

CS, she's so cute isn't she?

haha..i love her no matter what. Bo chap look or not.Even the Bo Chap look looks good on her. Bless that naughty girl.