Saturday, March 08, 2008

My first general election....


It was a rather pleasant one actually.

I was at the school at 8:20am, was out by 8:35am. Was in the office by 8:50am (ya, gotta work today). Fast leh?

I can proudly say that this is the fastest government-related agenda I've ever attended.


To be honest, I'd expected a big crowd as this is my very first time. And I've heard many stories about the long queue.






As it was my first time voting, I blindly followed the ppl and queued up. Then someone from BN mentioned, "Kalau sudah tahu nombor saluran. Tak payah beratur. Boleh terus beratur di depan sana" ("If you knew which channel you're assigned to, you don't have to line up. You can proceed to the classes") .

Aiyo, say so la earlier!





This was the queue for Saluran 2. Mine queue at Saluran 3 was almost desserted, I was fourth in line. :)




Guess which party I rooted for? :P





What I wasn't too pleased....
I was told that they've scraped off the serial no on the ballot but I was so surprised that the serial no was still there!

WTF.

Why do they need the serial no? Not unless they wanna track who votes for what right?
So...Which party are you rooting for?

2 comments:

CoMMuniCate WiThMe said...

No more 2/3 majority...
Not sure if it is a good start...

Carrie McGorgeous said...

i'd think it's good to have a change. :)

we'll just have to wait and see. let's hope for the BEST!