Friday, March 21, 2008

Making the most of my time with Jazz

[this is another backdated post. fyi, the pictures were taken last week]



As you already know, I went to Malacca to meet up with Jazz 2 Sundays ago.. Well, she (together with her daddy and mummy) came up to KL the same night as they had some things to finalise here.

My cheemuis and I left the following day.

I was actually pretty drained out from the trip. But I just had to go out and meet them again cos I normally don't get to spend much time with my darling kailui (since it's geographically impossible) and that was my only (so-called) chance.


Let me re-count our final day in Malacca first.



Monday, 10 March 2008


We were scouring through Jonker St, searching for one particular bakery which sells very good pastries (my favourite low poh peng and pineapple tarts). We were asking around, looking for Jalan Tokong (Temple St).


As we were walking along Jalan Tokong, I saw shop after shop selling incense, and other prayer items. And I was at one point, kinda doubtful.


It didn't make sense, and I didn't want my gfrens to walk a fair distance with me. What more if we couldn't find the place.

Then we came across this majestic temple in such a small, confined area. Naturally, we entered to pay a visit.

If I'm not mistaken, the name of this temple is Tokong Cheng Ho.










I have no idea what this building is though....







We finally found my favourite bakery "Poh Keong Enterprise" further down the road. The address is 81, Jalan Tokong, 75200 Melaka. Tel: 012-613 4338


After purchasing our biscuits, we again asked for directions to go to Jalan Tukang Emas. This time, we wanted to go to the Clay House.

One of the vendors, said this "Go down this road, you'll pass by an Indian kuil (temple), go further down that road..."

This is Masjid Kampung Kling. This is THE Indian temple they're referring to. BUT in actual fact, IT IS a MOSQUE! I have a feeling the word "Kling" contributed to the misperception that this building has some sort of relations to the Indians.







We found the Clay House! :)






We wanted to get these.
The night before, we met the seller at Jonker St and we were impressed with his wares.
We came to the shop to check out his other goods as well.







He showed us his studio. Here, one of his sons was playing with the clay. This lil boy has potential man.








Some of his works on the wall..









I simply adore the silhouettes on the wall. Now you know why we like his works so much.








I bought this one.
I like the 1st one too, but Carmen bought that already. Most of his stuff are 1-piece items.







I thought this picture he hung on the wall brings forth a nostalgic flavour.







We checked out the Cultural Food Village near Mahkota Parade for lunch.






Spoilt for choices, I decided to go for my favourite - Hakka Lei Cha. Yes, I thought it was timely to detox. Also, it's not easy to find places that sell this dish.






The aunty preparing my lei cha.





What's in there?
Condiments: string beans, peanuts, tofu, cabbages, spinach, rice, etc.
Soup: Lei Cha (which is a blended concoction of veges and leaves).

My friend, SY swears by Lei Cha whenever she feels constipated. She been's residing in Sydney for years. So, whenever she returns home to Sarawak, this is the first thing she eats.







I damn regret ordering this durian cendol. :(





We reached home around 5pm.

I took a short nap before leaving for Mid Valley to meet Tiff, Jazz and Miko (Tiff's friend, who's also my beautician).

We had dinner at Chopstick Noodle House as Tiff and Ian wanted to eat typical waxy duck, sausages, the lot.






Jazz happily playing with Kayden (Miko's son, who's also born in the same month, same year).







Jazz-the-little-flirt giving Kayden a peck on the cheek.






Kayden wanted to return the kiss. Looking on is his father.







*Sayang sayang*






*censored*







Miko, her hubby, her kids + nephews. They all adore Jazz.





The Lennoxes





Jazz with her mum and god mum








She wanted me to rock her back and forth again. Parenting sure isn't an easy job.






Only 1 year old and she's already into designer bags.






Miko teasing Jazz.





Tickle tickle tickle



I said an early goodbye to the group as I had to get up early for work the next day.

It was a truly enjoyable night for me albeit a short one.



Tuesday 11th March 2008


Tiff called me during the day asking if I wanted to meet up again that night cos she's arranged for a meet up with some of her old buds and she wanted me to come along so that I could maximise my time with Jazz.

I jumped at the chance to do so. :)


Was so happy when the first person I spotted at the hotel lobby was Jazz.

She's wearing this new polka dot bubble dress I got her recently. Isn't she such a cutie?






Couldn't resist taking another picture with her.






We had dinner at Secret Recipe as we needed somewhere with ample walking/running space for the girl.









She got bored fairly quickly. And she started pestering the ppl at the next table.







Then we put her on the baby chair, to which she was reluctant to sit on. She's got her own lil character eh.


Dear Tiff, Ian and Jazz,


Thank you for a wonderful time together. I truly enjoyed every single moment we spent together. I sincerely hope that you guys have obtained what you've returned to look for. God bless you all.


With love,
Kai ma

No comments: