Wednesday, August 01, 2007

How? How? How?

Yups, I'm facing a dilemma alright.


I feel as if it's partially my fault for putting myself in such a tight spot. i dunno, you tell me.


I feel quite ackward spilling this out here...cos to some i may appear show off-ish, and to some i may appear stupid even.


OK, this is what's happening..


You know how i love dancing right? Well, right from the very beginning when i joined his class (him - being the dance instructor), he used to ask me to drop him off his place (he's an expat and he doesn't own a car), to which i always declined.


Hello, why should i even drop him off? First of all, where he's staying is not on the way to my place. Secondly, i'm not comfortable driving alone with a so-called stranger (i've only attended a couple of his classes then).


It came to a point where he stopped asking, which was a huge relief for me.


I didn't like the way he was treating us gals, cos he thinks that he's damn funny and that he's a casanova or something. To me and my friends, he's the male version of a slut.


I used to avoid him like the plague and since I found a better instructor (Tomas), I've been faithfully attending Tomas' classes since, which i enjoy so very much. From then on, I've stopped goin to male slut's classes.


Recently, Tomas has stopped teaching dance cos he busted his knee and he'll be returning to Spain to perform his knee operation. At the moment, he's only teaching Celebrity Sculpt (which is a tone and firm class). =(


With this, I have to change my schedule and I now attend male slut's classes again.


And recently, he asked for my number. Which i gave to him reluctantly (hey, he was asking me and my friend and it was rude to decline). Yups, this sounds pretty lame to me too..i know i know.


And he's been sending me texts asking me out. To which, i declined every single invitation.

Since declining his invi, he has totally ignored me in class. Which was fine by me.


Last night, after his class, he ran after me (cos i was trying to leave a.s.a.p.) and ...


MS: Hey Carrie, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you currently seeing someone? Or are you single? Cos i've been trying to ask you out..but i have this feeling that you have a bf or something..
Carrie: Erm..I'm not seeing anyone at the moment. (i'm not good at lying la dude! And I DAMN REGRET telling the truth!)
MS: Good. Hey, i'm wondering if you wanna check out this new club in Taman Tun with me? It's been opened for 2 weeks and it's really cool. You wanna come with me this weekend?
Carrie: Err..i cant this weekend cos i'm going out with my girlfriends. Sorry.
MS: Do you wanna ask them to go to this new club?
Carrie: Nah. We're going to Cynna.
MS: Can i join u?


Errr..


My problem is: I'm really not good at saying NO. And i can't help feeling bad/guilty if i do so.

I figure if he's coming this sat, at least i have my gfrens with me. So, it wont be so bad eh?


Can someone please teach me how to reject a guy politely, gracefully, tactfully and smoothly?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dear..mayb u can tell him dat u r just after a major breakup recently n u r not in the rite state of mind to see any guys at the moment....ask him to take things slowly...hehe

alice

Carrie McGorgeous said...

ALice: this actually sounds pretty good. thanks babe. i think i'll try it.ehehehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie. I have been following your blog for a while now. I like what you write. Thanks for keeping me entertained everyday. Your blog is the first thing i check every morning.

TO answer your question, I think it's best to be blunt and tell him you are not interested. Tell him you are already interested in someone else.

good luck!

Kim

Anonymous said...

yah..either way will do..it depends whether you want to be mean n still want to maintain as frens..if 'yes', mayb u shd take the first approach, if 'no', then kim's advise is not bad...

alice

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear...
FFK tat fella this Sat.. call him on the day itself and tell him that your feet are reluctant to move :)

CS

Anonymous said...

Eve: Gal,if i were you.

Well, if he's cute, i'll flirt with him.

If he's ugly, just ignore him.

CS' advice is pretty good. Same with Alice's.

Anonymous said...

Oh an interesting ones..
Next time he walk up, just put him on hold and call up any male friend calling them dear/honey..then get back to him and say..wassup?

Anonymous said...

dear girl, you have a good problem. lots of ppl would love to have that kind of attention.

well, if i were you, i'll just ignore him when he's at the club. or make him buy me drinks if i'm bored.

PBJ

Anonymous said...

Carrie darling,

Just ignore the bastard! Play hard to get if you want him to pine for you.

Be rude and blunt if you have to so that he gets the message. Trust me, players like him will be able to take it.

Good luck babes

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Hello ppl!!


Thank you so much for your advice. Well, how did it go you ask?

Erm, i chicken out..i pretty much didnt answer his calls.. ehehehe

HOpe he gets the hint!