Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wedding dress hunting


Shukz told us that she has decided on her wedding gowns for her photo shoot next month. When it slipped that she has chosen an electric blue gown, we all got a lil worried.

We (as in Mich, San, Siew Ching, and moi) told her that we'll go with her to the bridal shop for a second opinion. San, being away in Melby will just have to give her two cents worth from the photos that I'll be posting here.

Shuk's bridal shop is one of those ones in SS2, name of which I shall not mention for fear of being bashed up (tell you why later).

A friend told us that those bridal shop chains are opened by the local triads/players for money laundering. No wonder they're mushrooming like crazy. :P

Anyway, you'll notice that most of these pictures are of pretty poor quality cos I curi-curi took those pictures. Halfway through, one of the salesgirls saw me and she warned me not to take pictures. She then left and went downstair. 5 mins later, this guy came up looking stern and all warning me not to take pictures again.




So..no names shall be mentioned here.

OK, without further ado...

Here's the showcase!!



Gown no 1.

Shuk and I saw this dress on the mannequin and I urged her to try it on. It has just arrived and I'm in love with it. =)





I love how this gown flows so nicely. Unlike those "pom pom" puffy dresses. That's so 80's.





We're not choosing this gown for the photo shoot cos it's way too subtle - which means the details will not show at all in the photos. We reckon this will look nice on the wedding day itself. Simple and chic elegance.


But then again, it's too early to decide on one yet, cos her wedding is in Feb. By then, there will be more new arrivals to select from. :P





Love the bejewelled heart-shaped tube.




Gown no 2

Shukz chose this dress for its very apparent flower applique details.




Very pretty!







Gown no 3


I didn't quite like this number cos of the ruching on the side of the skirt. Looks pretty weird to me.



Awww...my best friend is getting married.




Mich likes this dress on Shukz. She reckons Shukz looks really feminine in this number.




Gown no 4

I call this the "playful dress with a modern twist". Shukz calls this the "layer cake dress". The skirt reminds us of a Chanel number.




Not the conventional wedding gown eh?




Gotta admit it, not everyone can carry this dress well lest u wanna resemble a wedding cake. Shukz did a great job.




Camwhoring together-gether!




Gown no 5


This dress was newly hand-picked too.




But she's not taking it cos her hubby-to-be, HY reckons that it looks like a nightgown.




Gown no 6


I love this gown for its sheer simplicity. Very John Galliano! Love it. But again, she won't be choosing it for the photo shoot. It's more of a wedding day gown itself.




Gown no 7

Mich hand-picked this gown for her. We reckon she has chosen too many tube dresses. In fact, they were all tube dresses!


Mich was spot on when she chose this halter number.


Pic: Mich passing another gown for Shukz to try.



You can see that the clarity of the photos started to deteriorate. That's cos I got busted for taking photos. I then curi-curi take the shots from afar.



Gown no 8

This tube gown with lace embellished details gave Shukz a very fairy-tale princess aura. You have to get this one gal! =)




Just look at the details on the train...so darn beautiful!



The dress we've all been waiting for...


Introducing the highlight of the day...

*drum roll*......



The electric blue evening gown.


Nice wat right? It's a keeper babe. You can definitely carry this off. Good of you to decide on this piece to break away from the conventional ivory, pink, soft pastel shades.


Random pictures!!!



Me camwhoring as usual.


Mich getting teary-eyed cos her best friend is getting married. *sniff sniff*


San, we miss ya!
[oh btw, Siew Ching didn't join us in the end cos we were done by the time she reached SS2].


More random pictures!!!


This is just a tiny portion of the selection. Imagine having to hunt for that perfect dress...damn stressful eh?


I like the lacy cap sleeve on the 3rd gown (3rd from left).



Gowns I would never be caught dead wearing!


Gown no 1


Gown no 2


Gown no 3


Gowns that I might wear...


Gown no 1

This chinese number cos i love the mandarin collar and lace details. Very simple yet classy.



Gown no 2


I love the lacy embellished details as well as the soft pink empire trimmings. This gown is actually for sale RM3200. Any taker?


The bodice. So sweet right?


The train.

Gals, did you fall in love with any of the gowns? If yes, which one(s)?


You know my choices, tell me yours.



~*~*~*Bubble tea*~*~*~

After the dress hunting session, we decided we had to sit down, have a cold glass of bubble tea just to chill. Fuh..trust me, gown hunting wasn't an easy task.


I brought some of the latest accessories from SugarPoppins for the gals to view. [err..excuse me for shamelessly advertising SugarPoppins - i can't help it:P].


Shukz fell in love with this green glass beaded necklace [NC013] RM39
[she nabbed this piece along with the necklace below]



She bought this gold bronzy beaded necklace on the spot. [NC018] RM25



This 2 tier necklace with gold and amber crystals is really sweet.


[NC021] RM30



All of us like this one. [NC015] RM39



Mich reckons this piece will be snapped up really fast.


3 tier dark silver necklace with beads, pearls and tassle [NC016] RM39



~*~*~*Drinks at apartment*~*~*~


Later that night, I met up with Shukz and the gals at Apartment for drinks.


Hah! This is something I'm really proud of!


People, I did not drink a single drop of alcohol that night! I had good ol' blackcurrant + ginseng + vanilla tea. [good girl right?]


Just one more week to go and I'll be able to declare and call myself "A woman of her words". heheeheh. :P


Shukz wearing the necklace she bought from moi - NC018. Me wearing NC013.


Michelle, Ivy, Shukz


Siew Ching, Michelle, Cindy, Ivy, Shukz.


It's really a small small world. Cindy and Siew Ching are good friends. Shukz and Siew Ching are close pals. Shukz and I are best pals. Cindy and I are good cheemuis. It's so weird how we're all inter-connected.


I was told to put this caption "An astray full of ciggies" and not to mention anything else. OK..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CelineW : hey babe, since I'm a 'lacey' person,love gown #8 on Shukz,esp. the details on the train,cuteeeee....

Anonymous said...

i love all the gowns. they are beautiful. i would have to say the RM3200 is my first choice

Anonymous said...

OMG i love love wedding gowns.

Lemme see, i love the mandarin collar cheongsam, i love the RM3200 gown, and i love the gown no 1.

I also like your SugarPoppins necklace. The amber crystal 2 tier necklace and the 3 tier dark grey necklace.

Anonymous said...

Wah. That's damn hell alot of cigg butts!!

Anonymous said...

u gals are damn beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i like your necklaces, are they still available?

Ok, i'm goin to sms you now. please tell me you still have the gold bronzy necklace, the white beads necklace and the 2 tier amber necklace.

Thanks