Wednesday, January 09, 2008

In love again...

I know many of you will "sound" me when I write this post. :p

But I absolutely can't contain it any longer.

I am in love...

With Louis Vuitton bags again! :). For those of you who know me, I've sorta swayed towards Gucci for a some time now. And I'm now in love with my old flame again ;)

When the SA showed me this Monogram Canvas Neverfull bag, i didn't think much of it. In fact, i didn't think it was nice (at the time). Somehow, after seeing it over and over again (on LV's website), I'm actually growing very fond of it. The more i see it, the more I like it.

I personally think this is THE BAG la. The very next LV bag I can't wait to get my hands on. :)

Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Neverfull GM $665.00


But then, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Cos I've always wanted a speedy bag. It's such a classy piece, don't you think? Before the Neverfull bag, I've already made up my mind that my next LV will be a Speedy.

Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Speedy 30 $620.00

Styled after the iconic travel Keepall, the Speedy 30 is the ideal city bag. With a roomy interior, classic satchel shape and fine-quality finishes, a luxurious bag for every day. :)


One question though, if you were to go for a speedy, which one would you prefer?
The Monogram Canvas speedy above? OR the Damier Azur speedy below?

Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Speedy 30 $620.00


And then there's this one..

Louis Vuitton Monogram Mini Lin Croisette Marina GM $1,500.00

This Monogram Mini Lin striped jacquard with grained calf leather trim bag is inspired by the first Louis Vuitton trunks which were lined in striped canvas."Croisette" refers to the long avenue in Cannes, France which runs along the coastline.

I like how this bag is so versatile. There's a removable cross-shoulder strap with clasp attachments and adjustable buckle. And ooh..don't get me started on the colour.

.
.
.
.
.

The million dollar question....

WHICH BAG?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've very good taste Carrie. I've been following your blog for a while. Love your writing style.
My choice? The classic speedy 30.
Good luck with your shopping. Btw, any one of those bags is a good choice.

3kidsmama said...

get speedy monogram for practicality. the damier doesnt look nice on speedy, it looks nice only on purses/wallets....my very personal opinion!

also, consider the marina for work, cos it looks very presentable for work... speedy looks nice for work too, but i use all of my speedy on casual shopping / outing.

i always think a squarish bag is more suitable for work heheeh:)

Anonymous said...

hi dear, what happened to your new year resolution? saving for rainy days? 20% of your salary?

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Carrie go for the neverfull. it's so stylish!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie

It depends on what you want your bag to achieve. In terms of usefulness, the Neverfull will be a better choice. In terms of style, most ladies would opt for the Speedy though if you are shopping and carrying a lot of bags, the Speedy won't be ideal - you'd be struggling. Also, the choice of bags would depend on the amount of stuff that you would like it to carry. Speaking from experience here as I have both bags ;p Like you, I am a LV lover too. Have got my eyes set on the Tivoli next.

p/s: if you are opting for the Speedy, I think the LV canvass print is much nicer than the Damier Azur print.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to tell you that I love your blog Carrie - keep on blogging!

By the way, the prices of the LV bags seem cheap - they are not the actual price in RM right?

Anonymous said...

Hi girl..i love reading your posts. It keeps me interested in the fashion world

I'm torn between the speedy (canvas) and the neverfull.

At the end of the day, just go for what you feel like getting la. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll buy something of worth here.

Anonymous said...

dear, the Marina looks very nice. Is it here in Msia yet? I saw it on the catalog but i didnt see it here yet.

go for the marina, it's so you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna vote for the neverfull and marina. both are great. very very nice. I am so envious of you.

Anonymous said...

from a guy's perspective, you should get whatever you like. but if you must, get a classic piece so that it'll never go out of style. and you won't have to get another (as if you can do that). LOL!

Anonymous said...

the speedy is a little too aunty. get the neverfull or the gm marina gal!

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Claire: Thanks dearie. Glad that you like my blog and my taste. Keep reading k? :)

Shoeluva: Anne!!! How many speedy bags do you own? heeheh..I'm thinking of getting the neverfull cos we just got mum a speedy for her birthday. I can borrow from her at the mean time. ehehe

Dan: yaya..i'm saving to buy these bags.. heeheheh :P

Kim: my sentiments exactly! :)

Siew Kiew: thanks for reading my blog old friend. :). Oh, the prices quoted are in USD not RM. Oh gosh, you've got both bags already...I'm so envious. Gonna borrow mum's speedy and use 1st la. I'm probably only gonna be able to buy my neverfull in april cos it's my birth month. At the moment, i'm supposed to be saving for my US trip. LOL!


Brancy: thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna go for neverfull 1st. then perhaps the speedy later.

Eve: i dun think the marina is here yet. I'm hoping to check it out in US, IF my trip to US can jadi la. :P

PBJ: thanks for voting dearie. Dont envy me, you'll be able to afford your own when you graduate and become a successful accountant. :) Or you can start saving my dear.

Mo2: thanks dear. in my opinion, they are ALL classic items. eheheeh..how to choose? anyway, i've made up my mind. It's the neverfull and i'm repeating it over and over again like a mantra. so that i wont change my mind. :P

Mandy: thanks..but but the speedy where got aunty wor? :P

Nurul Farhah said...

i wish i could afford those. =X