Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Pre-New Year - Girls Day Out


It's already a tradition for my cheemuis and I to have our annual new year dinner together (though we don't necessary celebrate it on new year's eve itself).

This is also the time where we'll do our gift exchange (yeah, we'll normally do our own separate things on Christmas) and revisit our new year resolutions.

This year, Mon organised a mani n pedi session for us prior to dinner. She's found a nail parlour in Uptown that could accommodate the four of us. As you know, it's not easy to find a place that could fit 4 people at the same time.

If you have a big group like us, you might wanna check out Amante (Aman Puri) as they have enough staff to serve a large clientele base.


This time round, we wanted to try another place besides Amante. Mon found this flyer on the windscreen of her car advertising a mani & pedi promo for RM45. Super worth it we thought. And the promo will end on the 31st Dec. So why not do something girly together to end the year?


When we first booked the place, we were told to book for 2 sessions as they only had 3 staff to work on us. We didn't mind as we had plenty of time to spare (or so we thought) before dinner.


We reached Bubble 5 studio (excuse the name) at around 4:30pm. We didn't realise the name is so err "funky". We were told that we'd be done before 7pm. Therefore we made a reservation with Ming Room (BSC) for 7pm.





Cindy and me.







After a while, we realised that there were only 2 manicurists (one was on MC). So Cindy and Men started their pedicure first. I was kinda hungry, so Mon and I went off to McD's to buy some food.






By 5:30pm, they were still working on the girls' feet. Realistically speaking, we knew we weren't gonna be able to make it for our dinner by 7pm. So I called to postpone it to 7:30pm.




After a while, we had to call Ming Room to postpone to 8:30pm since it was unrealistic that they could finish by 7:30pm. By 8:30pm, only Cindy and Mon were done. And Carmen and I haven't even started our manis yet. Again, we had to reschedule (we swear we were so embarassed to call Ming Room already :p).






We were finally done at 9:3opm. Talk about being totally exhausted (who would have thought it'd take 5 whole hours!?!?) and super famished. We actually called up Ming Room again to pre-order the dishes so that they'll be ready when we arrived.





We reached BSC at around 10pm. Geez, we practically dashed into Ming Room.

While waiting for the food to be served, I got Cindy to take a picture of my newly painted nails.

O.P.I #Make Love
I bought the 3D flower stickers from Curve Bazaar.






Guess which hand belongs to who...





I don't think it was a really good job though. Maybe it was cos they were really running behind time. The manicurists actually apologised profusely and asked for us to excuse them if the works done aren't up to standard as they have to rush things for us. I don't mind as they're really nice people.










Took this while having our desserts at Alexis.

I had very simple blings on my toe nails.

O.P.I # Big Apple Red
With silver dust sparkles for the tips.






You're looking at 4 very hungry women!




Our 1st dish - Shatin chicken.




Our fave soup dish - Scallop with black chicken. Super nutritious.





Their specialty tofu with minced meat.




Another favourite - steamed cod fish HK style.






Stir fried kailan.



We proceeded to Alexis to do our lil pressie exchange.






I couldn't resist the desserts here. Ordered a banofee pie eventhough i was pretty stuffed from Chinese food.




I received a Song + Kelly mermaid tube from Cindy, a Anya Hindmarch purse from Mon, a bottle of Body Balm Bubbles (honeysuckle shimmer) and a butterfly motif stained glass coaster from Men.

I love my pressies gal! Muah...



We took some time to laugh at and revisit our 2007 resolutions. Most of us managed to fulfill about 60 - 70%, not bad at all.

I'm proud to say that i've been bestowed the title for having scored the highest for the "do something new" resolution. According to the girls, I've done some really outrageous stuff this year :P. (nope, not telling you what those shockers are).

I'm gonna auto-renew my resolution to save at least 20% of my salary each month (yups, i didn't meet that one!). Am hoping to save enough by March so that I could join the gals for our big U.S. trip.

Happy happy new year peeps! Muah...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the floral nail art stickers on your nails. where at the curve did you buy them? and how much? i really want to get some.

love your taste! so girly and feminie. :)

Anonymous said...

i love your hair here, very sexy. the curls look great. and nice lashes babe.

was the mani pedi any good? i'd like to try the place. any contact no?

Kendy said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.