Monday, February 04, 2008

Amazing Bangkok - Day 2

We got up pretty early the next day, in anticipation of reaching Chatuchak before the weather gets too hot to handle.

Walking along the street on the way to BTS (BTS = their equivalent to our LRT, but a much more efficient one, theirs). How can one be bored? There's so much to see. Walking to the BTS was a breeze.





This is the street I pass by everyday on the way to BTS. And it'll take us forever to reach BTS, cos there's so much distraction.





I love their freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice.




Found a stall selling desserts. And I was so glad to find that she was selling "sang kaya" (pumpkin custard) - my fave Thai dessert.



As I was taking a photo of the dessert seller (pix above), this Aunty said, "Take my photo! Take my photo! Me more beautiful. She (pointing to the dessert aunty) not beautiful. Take me!"

She meant it as a joke. Funny?






With CentralWorld in the background. We couldn't wait to check out CentralWorld again. Afterall, when we came (together) last year, the place was so new, it was almost bare and most shops were unoccupied. We expected to see heaps more this time round.







See the shop below Chalachol? I spent close to RM700 here buying bath/facial products and supplements. I love Boots. This is the Boots i pass by on the way to BTS everyday.






There are many cute bakeries, drink stalls, waffle/desserts kiosks inside the BTS station. Unlike the ones here. At least their food looks edible.







Taken from BTS platform, facing Siam Paragon.



Please offer this seat to monks

Monks get more privileges in Thailand?





Trying to get as much rest as poss...Will be walking the whole day.







Gotta walk down this flight of stairs towards Chatuchak. Look at the pretty sight.





Walls Poppers for SugarPoppers.. :P




Taxi jam as usual






Checking out some cute knick knacks from the roadside vendors





We bought these hand made deers




These are some of the reasons why we can never get bored of Chatuchak



1) The new gadgets/cute stuff/bizarre ppl/etc you get to see here...




Salt and pepper shakers of all sorts




I bought a portable hand-held sewing machine for 40 baht. Bought the pink one of cos!




The lady demostrating how to use the sewing machine. Looks pretty easy.




I like these giant willow-like flowers.



And I found this seller selling the cute mini willow-like flowers. I bought a dozen from her.




Giant "petai"




Giant fake roses




Fooling around as the devil, the angel and the cow.




These stirred Ken's interest





McDonald's was promoting their McBreakfast, complete with pretty girls, pjs and pillows.





Street vendor selling all kinds of cigarettes. I was drawn to the packaging for PEEL.

Street performers
These 2 could really shake their booties man.





2) The many variety of pets available here

We knew we're gonna spend a long time here. The puppies were all so cute and irresistibly adorable.

Kenn and I bought one doggy bed each for our doggies. I wish I could carry more. That darn thing was damn huge.




Cute felines in air-conditioned stalls.

3) The cool decor items

Though this is a market, you can't tell it's actually one when you enter one of these stalls. They look refine, don't they?






Ken bought one of these water fountains back. That "rock" was damn heavy.


4) The food in Chatuchak is simply amazing!!



As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of how yummy these guava apple and thai mangoes taste. I misssss...I likesss~





20 baht for these strawberries? Buy buy buy!


Since Ken loves Starbucks Coffee so much, we managed to find a kiosk that kinda resembled Starbucks. The word "COFFEE" was of the same font. ehehe




It was nice to just sit, chill and relax, with a refreshing glass of smoothies or blended juice. They were playing Cafe Del Mar music, which upped the chill factor.





These creamy pancakes were da bomb!! Only 20 baht for a box.




Crispy on the outside, soft and creamy (coconut cream) in the centre. Mmmm..




There were selling these "white tea" at a promo price of 10 baht.






We've heard lotsa great reviews about the roasted pork here. Gotta try. *oink oink*




Utter gastronomic delights. *drool drool*





Fried chicken with curry leaves




Juicy char siew (bbq pork).




Mass produced grilled sausages.




Caryn and I had to get these again. We enjoyed these smoothies so much the last time we were in Chatuchak.





10 baths per sushi?

Does that mean that you have to take 10 baths in order to get 1 sushi?




Eating the "Sang kaya" I bought earlier.




We had stewed chicken noodles. The broth reminded me so much of bak kut teh.



Enjoying our roasted pork. Good stuff.




After lunch, we proceeded to MBK to do a lil shopping - in an air-conditioned environment.






Resting again. Claudine and I both had Baskin Robbins' Tiramisu special.





MmmMm.. I wish the ice creams in Msia are that affordable. I paid RM6.9 for 2 scoops.





Saw a funny ad on tv while in BTS. It was about some Japanese Geisha doing major head-banging to some rock music. The msg? These crispy rolls rocks!





Fried sushi roll with prawns. Only 29 baht. Taste wise? Average.


We found a donut place which reminded us of JCo or Big Apple... Mr Donut!




Their donuts are selling at 7 - 15 baht each. Bargain!
But we still prefer JCo over Mr Donut.




Back to Pratunam....

I think I found the culprit which caused me my bout of food poisoning. THIS!
I was curious. I actually thought this seller was selling something similar to "woon chai chee" (shark' fins), like those I had in HK.




But no, I got this. It had fried fish skins and coagulated pig's blood. And I had tummy ache 3-4 hours later! What luck!!!





We had dinner at Cucina, this contemporary Japanese restaurant in CentralWorld. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures (actually, we were so turned off this trip as most of the high end places did not allow us to take pictures).

Look at their Parking Lots, it's super accessible, right off the street.





Ken had to have his cup of coffee at Starbucks. He has visited say 4-5 different Starbucks this entire trip. Commercial whore. :P

He even bought a Starbucks loyalty card with 500 baht worth of credits.




Swatch was having a promotion in CentralWorld





The MU fan showing Arsenal the finger



You won't see anymore pictures of me, as I've disappeared and made CentralWorld's toilet my new best friend. While waiting, these guys camwhored like crazy.

We're able to take pictures like crazy cos the shops were already closed and the guards were off duty (?)




We then proceeded to Mcker's to hang out at McCafe. Damn, I should have read this article "100 things to eat in Bangkok before you die" earlier!






My mood for food was totally dampened cos of the tummy ache. Even my favourite taro pie tasted bland. :(



Ken was the only one who whacked and whacked those burgers.

The night ended with many visits to the loo. Ughh!!

2 comments:

small potato said...

Paying my 1st visit to Bangkok coming june..hope can be as fun as urs.. ;)

Unknown said...

Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
โปร เสริม ทรู