Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Amazing Bangkok - Day 4

Yups, our final day in Bangkok.

Am finally feeling much better cos my toilet visits have reduced significantly. Oh, what a relief!




Pratunam market - the area where lotsa tuk tuks hang out.




Helping this auntie sell corns and sweet potatoes.






I think this cured my tummy ache. I had a huge bottle of this Betagen the night before. It tasted exactly like Yakult only it's mega size. And it's so darn cheap 38 baht.

I bought another bottle to drink on this very morning.






So happy that I could start eating like normal. Couldn't resist buying these mangoes. They're my favourites too!





This kinda reminded us of pulut/lemang.






Wonder what those black-ish stuff are...black beans?
Is this sweet or savoury?





Spotted a huge red packet outside Big C




The aviator glasses gang





Crossing the overhead bridge towards CentralWorld. We took this picture on purpose to capture those workers lazing around in the carpark.






See see? There were so many of them. This is just partially.






Gonna have an early lunch before leaving for the airport.







Managed to sneakily take some pictures of CentralWorld. I like this place.





There was an area decorated with lotsa white flowers and we were wondering what it was all about.




There was a showcase exhibiting HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana's contributions towards the Thais. She was the elder sister to the current king.





We found the very first MOS burger outlet in Thailand. Was so happy as we miss Mos burger so much. We used to have an outlet in KLCC but it has liquidated ages ago.




Cheap right?





Introducing the healthiest, finest Japanese burger around!





I ordered Takokatsu rice burger. It's basically pieces of squids ala katsu (fried cutlet).





Claudine's teriyaki chicken rice burger - which is always a safe bet!





Caryn's ginger pork burger.





This is the place we had dinner 2 night's ago. It's a must try.




Some art exhibition going on..





We went to Mcker's to tapau some taro pies and burgers so that we can have those in the airport. Yup, Suvarnabumi airport does not have Mckers..only BK!






Is it my imagination or what? But their Mcker's seems more refined.






Check out their Choc Banana pie! Only RM2.5





As I was leaving Mcker's, I saw this cafe. Damn, should have eaten here, I like the decor! I couldn't check out this place as we had to rush back to the hotel. Our cab was due to arrive.





Back at Suvarnabumi again....





The bellboy and our cab driver was shocked at the amount of bags we had.




Initially, we were informed that our return flight would delay for 1 hr 10 mins, 2 days before we left Msia. When we arrived at the airport, we were further that there's further delay. All in, 2 hours plus of extra waiting time! Damn AirAsia!


I was so tired, I got Claudine to push the trolley I was sitting on. Whee!




Hanging out at Ken's favourite coffee place...Starbucks!




We were reimbursed for the delay. Only 100 baht, not much.





Super bored





Claudine and I hoped over to Caffe Nero/Black Canyon as I wanted to eat their sweet tong yuen (glutinous rice balls).




Not long after ordering, there was a 'brown out'. The waitress asked me if I could wait for the food as they won't be able to use the microwave. I told her no to worry. But after waiting for like another 30 mins, I gave up. Apparently, she wasn't keen to serve us in this chaos.

And..the brown out only happened in their place, the other cafes were perfectly fine.




About time to go...




Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Ken pushing Claudine pushing the trolley.




Sure beats walking!




We found a tuktuk to camwhore! heeheh





I bought a bottle of this limited edition Absolut Disco. Damn chio right?




Arrived home closed to 12am. Guess who was the happiest? Bebe of cos! He happily jumped onto Cocoa's new bed.

Yes, my dog is super messy after 4 days of non-grooming. :P

Thus end our adventure in Bangkok. :)

I feel as if I haven't had enough of holidaying as I'm writing this. Impulsively, I bought a ticket to Shanghai. Will be going with some colleagues this coming June. Can't wait!

1 comment:

CoMMuniCate WiThMe said...

I have not tried Centralworld...
Seems happenning and I think i am falling in love with the cafe with MEGA chandelier :P