Friday, February 15, 2008

A Valentine's to Remember


~*~*~*Makan-makan with Cheemuis*~*~*~


As I've mentioned earlier, we chose to celebrate our annual CNY dinner on Valentine's day. And..it was actually Cindy's suggestion. Some ppl have mentioned that it's so weird, coming from someone who's married.

Well, Cindy's answer was simply, "It's bcos I'm married, the more reason I need to celebrate with my cheemuis. I need a life!"

She's so cool, isn't she?


We went to Oriental Pavilion in Jaya 33. Apparently the place was already fully booked when Carmen called. Luckily Cindy managed to pull some strings (the place Cindy is working for has a close connection with Oriental Pavilion), and we were on the list. :)




My cheemuis and I

We didn't plan this at all. Just look at us, we were in theme - black n white.








Happily receiving angpow from Cindy. hehehe..





Thank you Mrs Tan!







#1 Crispy prawn medallions in salted egg. <--MUST TRY!! It was SUPERB! The smell of the melted salted egg was such a teaser, tempting us with ideas of how tantalising this dish would be. And trust me, this is a dish that you cannot stop eating. I loved the melted egg so much so that I actually ate those raw onions cos there were bits of salted eggs on the onion.





We had a bowl double boiled soup each.
#2 Double boiled old cucumber soup with scallop and chicken.






#3 Grilled pork ribs in herbs. <--Yummy, and super-filling!






#4 I can't remember the name of this tofu dish. All I can remember is that the tofu was exceptionally smooth. The captain was right, this special tofu was silky smooth.








#5 Stir fried vege





Actually, we were so stuffed (i have no idea why), that we barely touched the tofu and vege. Thank God we decided against 'lou sang', cos if we did we would have probably stopped after the 2nd dish.


And despite the fact that I felt so "jelak" (stuffed to the max), still I felt compelled to order dessert. Blame it on the sweet tooth i guess. Anyway, I ordered this ginger syrup with black sesame glutinous rice balls. The ginger syrup sorta helped with digestion and I felt much better after that.

See? Desserts aren't that bad afterall!





Me deep in thoughts, wondering if ever they'll be a man deserving enough to feed me desserts. Hmmm...


It all came up to RM298.00, which is pretty on par to a meal in Ming Room, and the quality of the food as well as type of dishes are almost the same. It is probably because of the fact that they're under the same company. Anyway, I can't wait to come here again for lunch/dinner/supper/yumcha...



~*~*~*A Valentine's to Remember*~*~*~


After dinner, we all went our separate ways. I left to meet a friend of mine in Taipan to catch up and yumcha.

We chatted till 12+am, and as I was leaving, I realised my car wouldn't start. Shit! My battery has died on me.


We went scouring around taipan for a petrol station which was still open, to buy a new battery. But no luck. The ones that were open, did not have batteries for sale. And most of the petrol stations were closed.

As a last resort, we got another friend to come rescue us and jump start the car. I reached home totally drained out.


It was a most interesting Valentine's for me.

It was definitely, a memorable one~

3 comments:

ZB said...

The Stir fried vege looks really fresh...

small potato said...

hmm..i celebrated with colleagues at picollo..n the feeling is just nice though surrounded with all the couple's table! =)

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Esther: yeah, the food at oriental pavilion is always very good. have u tried it yet? if not, go check it out.

Small potato: happy belated valentine's. ahaha..wat did you expect? of cos everywhere is packed with couples. so, did ur chilli padi like your gifts?