Thursday, February 14, 2008

The day with the most festive "feel"

You know how I'm not really feeling the festive mood this year.

Well, yesterday was different.


The day started with a nice big basket of fuji apples from our previous manager.
So pretty..





We then proceeded with lou sang (yeah, my first lou sang for the year) at our regular lunch joint.

This aunty (who sells various chap fan, fried noodles, and yummy nyonya kuih) invited us (her regulars) to come over and "lou sang".


She's the most capable lady I've come to know. She gets up at 4am to prepare her vast selection of yummilicious fare. Her nyonya kuihs are to-die-for! Oh, not forgetting her radish cakes and yam cakes, those are GOOD!









She shares half the shop with H2O bubble tea. Yeah, the bubble tea is another reason why we regular this joint everyday - rain or shine.






Sue-Ann, Christine and Alice - my usual lunch kakis.
The guy there is one of our Alumni who's back from Boston.





Look at the ingredients she added into the yee sang. What an impressive display of condiments! She doubled the amount salmon and jellyfishes. Such a huge plate for the 5 of us. Moreover, we've just finished lunch.






My kakis starting to "lou". I joined in later. As usual, I'll say this when I lou sang "I wanna marry a nice rich man! And become a tai tai". LOL!




Going, going...



Gone..




As if we weren't stuffed enough, Aunty let us try her sweets. She made this super yummilicious baked cornflakes, rice bubbles, hazelnut and raisins mixed. Simple and satisfying.





The day ended up with good lion dance show for the office.










The lion climbing up the make-shift ladder...




Only to find our Bangla cleaner at the top. :P

No comments: