Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pre-wedding planning


Shuk's big day is drawing nearer and nearer. At this rate, it's more or less time to do a count down already.

It's exactly 4 more days to Saturday.
And even I....am...nervous :p

Yups, as I've mentioned before I was appointed the role of the emcee for the night.

Being a tad nervous, I invited a close friend (my ex-colleague, Chong Sern - whom I've co-emceed together before for another friend's wedding) to co-emcee with me (again), as Shuk couldn't find a guy who'd be a good emcee candidate for me.

Made plans to meet up with Chong Sern to run through our scripts together.


I've actually written one for us but I wanted to ensure that the flow's smooth and that we're both comfortable with the scripts.

Also, I invited the bride and groom to join us, so that they could listen to us practice as they know the itinerary best.



Met up with CS earlier as the bride and groom had to run some errands.
We hung out at Leo's Cafe in Taipan as this is where CS stays and I didn't wanna inconvenient him by asking him to go PJ.




It was 3pm and I was famished. Didn't get to have lunch as I've just had a filling done on my tooth and doc said to give it an hour's rest before I could eat.

Ordered the biggest pot of yee mee I could find to nurse my tummy.




We were soon joined by Shuk, Hsien Yu, and San.

They arrived as we were rehearsing our lines.

There were some last minute changes to the script. Instead of the entire conversation being in English, the bride has requested for a "Mandarin intro". CS will be doing the Mandarin intro and we'll resume the rest of our dialogues in English.


Oh btw, have I mentioned that CS speaks very good Mandarin? He pronounces every word properly and damn, he sounds really good too! He actually attended training classes for news broadcasting before. And I daresay he's a pro by my standard!

Yes CS, I'm saying all this out cos I'm so proud of ya! Don't be shy la! :P





Best friends 4eva!!!

San, Shuk, moi






Look at the bride and groom-to-be. They didn't look kancheong at all right? So calm and collected.

Psst..I just found out that HS is a lil worried about the games we cheemuis will play on him prior to him entering the house on the big day. Hehe!!! You better brace yourself HS! :P





Despite her wedding day being so close, she didn't give a damn and ordered Leo's signature french toast.

But guess what? The french toast looked kinda dodgy.





Compare Shuk's expression with Amber Chia's expression here.

Conclusion: Don't trust advertisements!

4 more days and counting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheesh Amber Chia is so over-used la! she's everywhere.Gross!

Anonymous said...

whose wedding?
not urs ah?
hehehe

when's urs?

CoMMuniCate WiThMe said...

Featuring CS... muahaha.
Thanks girl :)