Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Amazing Bangkok - Day 3

I wanted to post this ages ago but there were other more important things to post at the thing. Also, I've been bogged down with lotsa things to do.

Just thought I should get this out of my system now that I am still awaiting some pictures from Shuk's wedding. I was head honcho of the bridal entourage, hence in the midst of my 'busyness' negotiation with the groom and torturing his 'heng tais' I missed out the entire photo taking of the 'torturing bits'.

I think the only ones having the photos are the official photographer and May (Shuk's cousin, but she's now holidaying in Bkk and ChiangMai). Shall have to await May's return before I could get those photos I guess.



Sigh, more backlogs then huh?



Without further ado....



~*~*~*Amazing Bangkok - Day 3*~*~*~



You'll realise that there are less pictures of me approaching the end of my Bangkok trip. Yups, you guessed right, the traveller's diarrhea spoilts my mood to eat, shop and camwhore.


Claudine enjoying Black Canyon's refreshing green tea. One of my favourites. I had one too, but I realised my diarrhea got worse later. :p






Mr Bun - this cute bun stall





My sis digs Mr Bun's cute characters.






She was going crazy with her shopping..she even bought ear muffs!





Lucky girl, she got to order tomyam soup with rice...





....while I ordered beef noodle in clear broth! No chillies no spices. Damn the diarrhea!





My appetite was so bad that I could only eat a few mouthful only. The beef noodle here was actually really good. What a waste!






Caryn ordered her favourite omelette with fried mussels.




In Thailand, they eat their "oh chien" with grounded nuts and chilli flakes.





Yes, more shopping despite the tummy ache! I'm a certified shopaholic.





We went to Gaysorn to check out Louis Vuitton bags.
(Ya, I changed into something more comfy as my mood was getting a lil erratic from the pain).






We were immediately stopped by a security guard inside Gaysorn as we were taking this photo. Sigh, it's such a turn off la. Not being able to take photos at high-end places is a huge turn off!





Time we took the BTS again. Look at the golf course...in the middle of the city!







On the way to MBK....again!






Had some donuts from Mr Donut for tea.






I didn't manage to take a picture of the donuts up close (ya, not allowed to take pictures - I didn't bother asking/trying anymore). They're very much like another JCo or Big Apple.




Off we left for Central Chidlom. Ken and Claudine haven't dined at Loft before. Caryn and I thought it'd be nice for them to eat there to experience fine dining at affordable rate.

We actually spent a whole hour shopping for lingerie here. As Ken was too tired, he dozed off at the waiting area. He had a good 50 mins nap.





Sorry for the blurriness. We curi-curi took this picture. Again, no photos allowed.

There were waiters everywhere you turn, very difficult to take any decent pictures. We took this using our camera.

There is actually a fountain and enclosed water area, adding a comfortable rustic feel to the whole dining experience.





I knew I couldn't eat much, so I shared my food with sis.





A slice of pepperoni and cheese pizza from the Italian stall.




Gourmet pasta.
We ordered scallops, prawns and ham slices with carbonara sauce.

We were given a ticket to collect the pasta in 10 mins. As soon as I returned to my seat, the waitress offered to collect my food from the Italian stall. Now, you don't get this kinda good service from Marche do you?

The concept is pretty cool - you get to choose to eat local/international hawker food/cuisines in a fine dining environment.





It's my 3rd day in Bangkok and I haven't even tasted somtam yet. I bought a pack on Day 2 but threw it away as my stomach was killing me.






We left Central Chidlom to hang out around Amarin Plaza.





As usual, Ken couldn't resist chilling at Starbucks.





It was a much needed rest. I was getting tired.





Bought some charcoal pills from Boots. Downed it with coffee.





After coffee, we were pretty hesitant to climb up this escalator. Yup, it was switched off already. To us, Bkk is all about climbing stairs after stairs. Gosh..This escalator's considered pretty mild. Just go to any BTS stations and you'll know what I mean.


Thought I was feeling better after the charcoal pills. I was slowly regaining my appetite. Thank goodness I bought some snacks earlier.

No comments: