Sunday, February 10, 2008

Best of friends...

Caught up with Shukz and Mich last night, and boy was it good. :)

Initially, we were supposed to meet at Chilli's, BSC. But after careful consideration, we'd all rather go over to Shuk's parents' place to chat till the sun comes out.. just like old times.
Like what Mich said, "It's not the place, it's not what you drink nor what you do, but it's the company that matters!"

It's been a while since we've actually had those heart-to-heart-talk sessions. We had so much to share that we ended up crying, giggling, and laughing ourselves silly together.

It was a much needed session, well worth it eventhough we misbehaved and were caught by Shuk's parents (yup, they found us giggling, bitching and talking utter rubbish as they were going about their business in the kitchen).

Quite embarrassing actually, especially after we've sobered. Guess we'll have to live with it. :P

Yeah, the parents had their friends over and they were playing cards (Blackjack) in the living room, while we kids hung out in the kitchen, enjoying wine.


BFF

Mich, Shuk, me - having our 1st glass of 2002 Shiraz Cabernet Merlot Bordeaux.
State: Sober




Shukz prepared 2 bottles of wine for the 3 of us. She sure had the intention to make us so drunk that we won't be able to drive home. :P



Getting tipsy...


Silly Shuk Yee..





Wacky Michele....





Crazy Carrie...

I had a bunch of grapes on my head, and a piece of persimmon in my mouth.



Getting even more tipsy...


I reckon my face was as red as this red packet!




Shukz was as red as a lobster! I came in second..



We dumped grapes and mandarin oranges into our red wine. DIY Sangria.

Here, Mich enjoying the grape.



Almost wasted!! Almost...


Mich looked really okay here (she wasn't even red. We teased her about her liver not working as well as ours). So we made her down the glass as she was such a slow drinker.

And then she made us down our drinks, eventhough we've had numerous glasses already. I had to go, "hey hey..Wine is to be appreciated. You don't down wine la dude. You sip wine!".
Look who's talking. LOL






It's not the place, it's not what you drink nor what you do, but it's the company that matters! Thank you girls!



We drank down to the last sip. Ugh, look at the tannin residue in my glass. Oh that's a piece of mandarin orange by the way.



Dear Shuk and Mich,

I had a great time last night. Like you said, it has been a very long time since we're able to have such a pure conversation with anyone. One that has no boundaries - where we do not have to worry about saying the wrong things.

It was so good to not have to be pretencious at all. Yeah, working in the advertising industry has changed some of us, but feel no guilt cos the ability to be pretencious is an essential survival skill. You have to do what you have to do to survive girl. That's okay as long as you're true when you are with us. :)

We talked about our own group of toxic friends. And how we can't get rid of them, and can't live without them!? Well, now that we've concluded that we don't necessary have to take the poisons/shits that our toxic friends shoot us with, we'll just have to stand our grounds and be who we are.

Girls, I'm so blessed to have such a tight circle of close friends like you. I'm so thankful that you girls are here for me unconditionally. I know I can always trust you with my darkest fears and secrets and that I'll never have to worry about jealousy/rivalry/backstabbing among us.

Thank you so much for offering me a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, and giving me emotional support when I need it most. I know I can always rely on you.


I love love love you girls.

Love,
Ven

p/s: Thanks Shukz, for forcing us to down the many cups of green tea you made for us before you allowed us to drive home. :)

p/p/s: I didn't get any hangover girls. WoOHoo :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice. it's so nice to hear about such real friendships!

My friends are probably the kind of toxic friends you mentioned. they love to make me look bad and they love to compete so much. they are bitches!

treasure you friendship. i hope to contact my old friends again. i am so inspired. there's still hope

Anonymous said...

hey you actually made us look fun and not tht silly...well everyone we were actually more silly, our hands were not steady enough to take those sillier pics! love you lots girl!

Anonymous said...

ooh..i envy your friendship. it's such a real one!

zewt said...

wow... you gals had the whole kitchen to yourself huh...