Friday, February 22, 2008

Pre-wedding party

1 more day to go before the big day!

I took leave from work today as there are lots to prepare for.

I went to Pyramid as early as 10:00am to hunt for a pair of stilettos. I needed a pair that's at least 3 inches or higher. Why? Cos CS is damn tall and I don't wanna look like a midget emcee-ing beside him.

Was so stressed out as I couldn't find a pair that looks decent enough for me to wear. Also, the time for my spa appointment was pretty close. I had to call them up to postpone it to 12pm as I was running late.

I couldn't postpone it any further as I had my mani and pedi session lined up for 2:30pm. Initially, I set it for 2pm but then I realised I couldn't make it what with the Msian traffic. In the end, I was there at 3:15pm. Late late late.

Why didn't i postpone my mani and pedi later?

Well, I can't cos the staff at Bubble 5 take their own sweet time to do my nails. So if it started late, I will end really really late..

Also, I had to rush off to buy ingredients for one of the most important parts of tomorrow morning's wedding reception...which is the "games to torture" the groom and his 'hing tais' (buddies).

So it was one hell of a mad rush. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep during my mani and pedi session.



I smudged my nails while driving! Darn!
Nails: O.P.I # Make love.
French tip with silver glitters.

Toe nails: no idea which colour as I was in a hurry and didn't manage to check.



I rushed to giant to buy the following: a comb of bananas, 2 small bittergourds, a bunch of seedless grapes, a tube of wasabi and a huge lemon. I contemplated buying waxing strips but Shuk has warned me that Hsien Yu's buddies might not be sporting enough to allow us to wax their legs. So I decided against it as it wouldn't be fun if they didn't wanna play along.

After the grocery shopping, I rushed home to have a nap before going over to Shuk's for makan-makan. It was a much needed power nap as I needed the stamina.

I'll have to be at Shuk's house by 7am the next day and it's gonna be a loooong day.



At Shuk's place for makan-makan. We had Shuk's parents' friends entertaining us with their karaoke numbers. We all joked that it felt more like her parents' anniversary party.





With Shuk's parents.





A sneak peak of the wedding cake which Shuk's mum made a month ago (yes, it's fruit cake, so can tahan in the fridge. No worries, won't get food poisoning - in case you're wondering).

So pretty.





Time to prepare for tomorrow.

I was appointed as the head honcho of the bridal entourage. I had to enlist the help of my troopers (cheemuis) to brainstorm how we should torture the groom and his entourage the next day.

We came up with a list of questions for the groom to answer. The idea behind the question is, whatever he answers, the answer will always be wrong. LOL!


As a punishment, he and his gang will have to endure the following:


For Q1, they'll have to finish a plate of bananas soaked in tomato and sugar syrup. (Sweet)
For Q2, they'll have to finish a bowl of durian ice cream laced with lots of wasabi (Spicy)
For Q3, they'll have to suck all the lemon wedges (Sour)
For Q4, they'll have to finish all the bittergourd slices smothered in coffee powder (Super bitter)
For Q5, they'll have to finish up the entire glass of apple cider vinegar (Super sour and difficult to gulp down).

What's with the sweet/sour/spicy thingy? Well, the Chinese believes that there are elements of 'sweet-sour-bitter-spicy' every couple will come to face/endure in each relationship.


There was one question where we'll be showing him a paper which has lots of different lippy marks on it. He'll have to guess which one belongs to his bride.

Shuk's lil cousin wanted to contribute her kisses as well. Mich helping her with the lippy.





She was so enthusiastic about it.





Can you guess which one is mine?





We even manage to recruit Reuben to share his kisses. He was a lil hesitant at first. But gave in after lots of 'pujuking' by us girls.




I lent him my pretty Anna Sui mirror to help with the lippy application.






Right smack in the middle.
Reuben's got pretty pouty lips and we'll have a good laugh if Hsien Yu chooses his lips tomorrow. Muahahaha





Time for some champagnes...
ah...Rose champagnes, moi favourite! Courtesy of Siew Ching.





Cheers to good health - no cirit-birit/diarrhea (Shuk warned me not to let her hubby eat anything that'll cause him cirit-birit tomorrow).




The highlight of the night (besides all the aunties and uncles' singing) was Evelyn and Daniel's baby - Hayley.


She was such an adorable and good baby. It was already 11pm and she was still wide awake and didn't cry at all despite all the noise those aunties and uncles were making.



Earlier, Shuk's mum was seen carrying Hayley around - a hint that she wanted grandchildren?LOL! :P
Shuk, is your maternal instinct kicking in yet?




Shuk with baby Hayley, Evelyn, Ching, Mich, San and me.




Us girls....with Reuben.




It was close to 12am as we were leaving. The aunties and uncles were still going at it. They sure love to sing.




I shouldn't be blogging, need my beauty sleep. Must get up at 6:15am and go over to Shuk's house to prepare all the ingredients for the games tomorrow.

Nites peeps!

1 comment:

CoMMuniCate WiThMe said...

Seems fun... I MISSED it :(